Menu

Corn-dogging?! Have you heard of this trend?

So I was enlightened about a certain term tonight. Corn-dogging. Apparently it is when you come up behind someone, grab their shoulders and knee them as hard as you can in between the butt cheeks on the tailbone.

It is ALL over our junior high school right now. Facebook people are talking about it and some are saying their kids have been complaining about their butts hurting but not telling their parents what's going on. And no its not welcomed by the person targeted.

How stupid. Seriously. Those kids need some hard manual labor...they have way too much time to think up dumb ideas and then act them out.

Is this an issue where you are?

So I was enlightened about a certain term tonight. Corn-dogging. Apparently it is when you come up behind someone, grab their shoulders and knee them as hard as you can in between the butt cheeks on the tailbone.

It is ALL over our junior high school right now. Facebook people are talking about it and some are saying their kids have been complaining about their butts hurting but not telling their parents what's going on. And no its not welcomed by the person targeted.

How stupid. Seriously. Those kids need some hard manual labor...they have way too much time to think up dumb ideas and then act them out.

:confused: How bizarre and horrible! No, I have not heard of this.

Ayup, and no but I am sure it will pop up at Boy Scouts soon enough. Sounds like a lot of broken/bruised tailbones.

I agree...at the very least the school needs to be doing something harsh about this. They give punishments for PDA on school grounds but this is allowed?!? I don't get it.

Well, I doubt it's *allowed*--if the kids aren't telling their parents, they're probably not telling the teachers/principal either. There may be schools where some teachers/principals turn a blind eye to stuff--we've had enough threads about bullying being ignored or downplayed by school officials to show that it's a possibility, unfortunately. But most kids are smart enough to wait until they're not being watched, so if the victims aren't telling, there's not too much the school can do, even if they *do* try to be on top of dealing with violence and bullying issues.

It never ceases to amaze me what stupid stuff kids can come up with to do to each other. :glare:

I guess I'm flabbergasted at the parents the most. None are talking about going to the school officials with this. Instead they are saying "We need to tell our kids not to do this."

:001_huh: Uh, no. I'd be on the phone with the principal immediately asking if they knew this was going on and what they were going to do about it. And then telling my kid not to do it!

Instead they are saying "We need to tell our kids not to do this."

Well, of course, because this always seems to work so well... :D

It's assault and the kids calling it cute names doesn't change that fact. I'd be one of those painful parents giving the principal & teachers an earful. As far as I'm concerned, the chiropractors in our area earn enough money without this sort of thing happenening :glare:

Reason #542 of why I am homeschooling. The list just keeps growing.

That term refers to some other references in the urban dictionary as well. :( Stay far away.

Honestly, that's what came into my mind when I read the thread title. I wonder if the little punks understand the alternate connotation. :001_huh:

I don't even know how I came to hear the term before, which also has me :001_huh: .

Assault. Can you imagine if adults did that to each other in the workplace?

:lol: Sorry, but this made me giggle. I'm constantly telling my DD10 to stop flinging her purse around her head on the way into church. I ask her if she's ever seen a grown woman doing it and the visual always makes me laugh. :D

In all seriousness, the corn-dogging sounds so humiliating. I would hate for any of my kids to experience it.

• 1 year later...

Unfortunately, I've heard of this too.....my ds(10) attended public school for half of the year and got to experience this on an almost daily basis. The principal didn't take it seriously at all, and tried to play it down as the old "boys being boys". At least at the school ds attended, there was also 'hotdogging'.....basically, a corndog but done in the front rather than the back.