Menu

My Teacher's Manual is . . .

scrapbookbuzz

Lisa, I hope they're having fun together and return soon!:tongue_smilie:

I felt so good about actually sitting down last night to get my lessons planned. And then, on top of not being able to find my PAL Teachers Manual, I kept getting interrupted! :glare: Oi!

Do any of you have a "set" time for when you do lesson plans?

Last year my TMs lived in a crate which sat on the coffee table in the family room (where we homeschool) most of the time. This year, I added two new sets of shelves and I have a set right beside the couch. My crate is there at the level I can reach while sitting and the rest of the shelf also has TMs and answer keys that are currently in use.

As far as when I plan, I plan some subjects for the year during the summer (such as SL history that comes pre-scheduled). Others like BJU science I plan a chapter at a time (that may be one or more weeks). I work on the plans in spare moments like right now while ds and I are doing biology but he is watching an online tutorial, or one of the kids is working on math. Every weekend (usually Sunday afternoon) I make sure that all planning for the following week is finished and all supplies are ready or are on my list to be bought, picked up at the library etc.

:tongue_smilie: Do any of YOU have this issue?

Yup. So I bought a Desk Apprentice, and I love it. Now I need to keep all the supplemental manuals I use somewhere logical (like Living Memory, which went AWOL last week). And a basket (or dishrack) for all those read alouds! Those things are always running off!!! :auto:

Joy of six, I found my PAL Teacher's Manual! Unfortunately, your math answer key was not with it, unless it was hiding, not wanting to be found. :p Did it return to you yet?

As for the dishrack idea for the read-alouds, that is tempting! However, I don't have any more room in our living room/school room/ etc.

Lisa, I hope they're having fun together and return soon!:tongue_smilie:

I felt so good about actually sitting down last night to get my lessons planned. And then, on top of not being able to find my PAL Teachers Manual, I kept getting interrupted! :glare: Oi!

Do any of you have a "set" time for when you do lesson plans?

Unfortunately my "set time" to prepare for the week lately has been about 10:30 pm Sunday night! I always think, "I'm not going to do this to myself next week," LOL, but then I do it again! I really only need about 30 minutes to be ready for the week, but I wish I did it on Friday or Saturday instead of remembering Sunday night when I want to go to bed!!

For the Teacher's Guides, mine are in 2 places: The shelf with all of the current books, or in a flip-top file box that I call my teacher's box. It has hanging folders and has even my huge Easy Grammar Manual. I also keep a "working binder" that has my schedule pages, and things that I need on a more frequent basis all organized. Pretty much the only thing I can't fit in my teacher's box is the great-big-huge Sonlight binder, LOL! But I keep 4 weeks of IG from that in my "working binder" for weekly access, and I can't hardly miss that thing on the shelf when I need to switch out units, LOL!

Merry :-)