Menu

What Halloween treat do your kids most like to receive?

I had always assumed that chocolate candies would hold top spot, but I am naturally biased in favor of chocolate. Thus, I was surprised to learn that Skittles and other fruit flavor candies were often preferred over chocolate. Sometimes we have handed out quarters and 50cent pieces with candies. So what do your little Halloween conniseurs prefer?

I have one Skittles girl and all the rest prefer some sort of chocolate variation. They come back after the first hour and dump any of the stuff they don't like into my giveaway basket and head back out with lighter sacks to collect from the other side of the neighborhood. By 8pm, I'm handing out handsful of the stuff to make sure I get rid of it before the last trick or treater shows up.

My ds 11 is pretty shallow. He likes anything big in size, like a can of soda or a bag of chips (a few places hand those out). He also likes the little packages some houses make up that have several candies tied up in tissue paper or something. Doesn't matter what's inside -- he loves the fancy presentation. :lol:

When it comes to the eating, he likes it all, but especially the fruity and sour candies. Sour skittles and sour gummy worms are two favorites.

He used to dislike Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, but somehow I found something to do with those. :D But unfortunately a couple of years ago he decided he does like them after all.

For ds: Kit Kats

For dd: Peanut M&Ms

I like it when they get Snickers because they won't eat them but I will. :D It's my 'parent fee'. ;)

We always host a big party & TorTing. Afterward, the group comes back to our house. The kids set up a huge 'marketplace' :lol: & beg, bargain, & cajole each other into trades. It seems to work out great because each kid in the group has different favorites. (Our peanut-allergic friend loves Skittles.)

When I was a kid I most preferred the candy bars.

My DS said he would be most excited to get:

Mentos strawberry gum: "It's sugar free and it's delicious!" (He insists I include this quote, I think he wants to convince people to hand this out.)

Nerds

Smarties and giant smarties

Ring pops

Juicy Drop pops

He likes some of the candy bars, like twix and kitkats, but I know any PB cups are mine!