Menu

What do you like on BBC America?

Besides Star Trek, right?:tongue_smilie: Oh! And they just started reruns of Battlestar Galactica that I haven't been watching. Again. Maybe one day...

I liked Being Human and Torchwood while they were on (I have no idea if Being Human is still on) and LOVED Ashes to Ashes. I always thought Primevil sounded fun, but never saw an episode.

I watch Graham Norton occasionally, just saw my first episode of L&O: UK (culturally very interesting), and liked the few episodes that I saw of Come Fly With Me.

(And I happen to quite like The Inbetweeners :leaving:)

I don't get BBC America, but I based on what's on their website:

Spaced

Peep Show (hmmmm.... thought that was Channel 4?)

The Office

Coupling

Life on Mars

ETA: Sherlock

Edited by nmoira

Kitchen Nightmares, Torchwood, Robin Hood, The Tudors. We liked Primeval when it first started but then it got even weirder (the premise is pretty weird to begin with) and we stopped watching.

If you have Amazon Prime and a way to stream, they have a lot of British shows that I haven't seen on BBCA. I've been enjoying MI-5 and Doc Martin. Sherlock is good, but I only found a few episodes. I don't know how many there are. I think some of the British shows are also on Netflix Instant.

Sherlock is good, but I only found a few episodes. I don't know how many there are.
Only three. More are coming, but ridiculously far off as the two principals are filming The Hobbit and Gatiss and Moffat are working on Doctor Who (and a million other things).

Of course Top Gear and Dr. Who and Star Trek, and sometimes we enjoy Law & Order: UK, but DH also likes The Inbetweeners and now Friday Night Dinner. I wasn't a huge fan of The Inbetweeners but the first episode of Friday Night Dinner was so funny it had me in tears. Like DH said, "Nobody writes humor like the British. I'm pretty sure Mr. Hankey could turn up in the middle of this episode, and it would somehow make perfect sense."

Obviously our brand of humor isn't exactly clean...

(And I happen to quite like The Inbetweeners :leaving:)

Don't you dare be ashamed! I'm completely heartbroken that the season is over and we can't see The Inbetweeners feature film here in the states! Look, we have something in common with William and Kate :D:

By royal appointment-'The Inbetweeners Movie'

....and they went to Bargain Tuesday!

Really, The Inbetweeners is NOT for everyone. The humor is quite crude, but somehow that's OK because they have accents :001_smile:.

We are also fans of all the usual suspects: Doctor Who, Torchwood, Being Human, Robin Hood, Graham Norton, Peep Show, Friday Night Dinner.

Only three. More are coming, but ridiculously far off as the two principals are filming The Hobbit and Gatiss and Moffat are working on Doctor Who (and a million other things).

Only three more are coming according to Wikipedia. Just another tease, I'm afraid.

OP: Great question, as we only watch Doctor Who and Top Gear. We also loved Robin Hood. The trouble is finding things 8 - 18 year olds can watch together. Doctor Who is questionable at times for the youngest. She is sent out of the room regularly! :D

Of course Dr. Who, dh and the boys like Top Gear, Gordon Ramsay's F Word and Kitchen Nightmares, Friday Night Dinner, Outnumbered, Graham Norton (but the kids can't be around for that one). I use to love Torchwood but alas it is gone. Sometimes I watch The X-Files and Battlestar Galactica even though I have seen all the episodes. And I love the world news. And we watch pretty much whatever is on. I miss when they showed just average shows, I miss Black Books, Cash in the Attic, Bargain Hunt, How Clean is Your House and all the shows that were on a few years ago. Anyhow we love watching BBC America in this house.

Of course Dr. Who, dh and the boys like Top Gear, Gordon Ramsay's F Word and Kitchen Nightmares, Friday Night Dinner, Outnumbered, Graham Norton (but the kids can't be around for that one). I use to love Torchwood but alas it is gone. Sometimes I watch The X-Files and Battlestar Galactica even though I have seen all the episodes. And I love the world news. And we watch pretty much whatever is on. I miss when they showed just average shows, I miss Black Books, Cash in the Attic, Bargain Hunt, How Clean is Your House and all the shows that were on a few years ago. Anyhow we love watching BBC America in this house.

:iagree:

I too miss Cash in the Attic and Bargain Hunt. Really enjoy Graham Norton, but like Seraphina, only watch it when our youngest is not around. Same with any of Gordon Ramsey's shows, because even though they "bleep" out the really ugly words, it's still very easy to tell what he is saying.:glare:

We just started watching Dr. Who and are confused about something. The pictures in the icons on Netflix don't seem to show the characters that are in the show - they are of other people. Does the entire cast change at some point?

Yes. Such is the nature of a Time Lord that is able to regenerate.

I refuse to say anything more :001_smile:.

Nothing, any more. I was pleased when BBC America was listed on the station line-up. I was disillusioned when I saw what is offered. None of the old programs (exception for Dr. Who) we liked, none of the film adaptations. Most of their offerings are blocked by our monitoring software, in fact. At least the BBC News has its own, separate channel, for that is my primary daily news resource.

Similar gripes with A&E. That used to be a wonderful channel, in the late 80s, early 90s. Now it is a dumping ground for crime shows.

Sure wish that I could list some good programs in response!

We just started watching Dr. Who and are confused about something. The pictures in the icons on Netflix don't seem to show the characters that are in the show - they are of other people. Does the entire cast change at some point?

Definitely start with the new series starting with Christopher Eccleston. You could go back and watch the series in the 60's but you won't be so confused if you start with season one. And yes the cast changes, it's what makes it such a timeless show. Welcome to the cult, I mean club of Whovians.