Menu

Why is it that the simplest projects always snowball into HUGE projects?!

Ria

When dd moved out, we put our home gym and treadmill in her old bedroom and made it an exercise room. It was great. Then I ran so much that I started ruining my ankles. The doctor recommended doing more of a low-impact workout, so I ordered an elliptical machine.

The new elliptical wouldn't fit in the existing gym room, so we moved boys around and took the largest kids' bedroom for the gym stuff. We left a bed in the room for ds when he's home from college.

Fast forward to today: the new machine has been moved upstairs and it will not fit in the room with the bed. The bed must go. So now we have to move the bed from gym room into bedroom 2. The bed in bedroom 2 must be swapped with the bed in bedroom 3 because the one in 3 is the bunkmate. The gym room must be rearranged. This project will take hours! Two of the three boys are gone today, of course. Dh is all sweaty and looks like he could use a beer. LOL.

And we haven't even started on fixing the flooded basement yet.

It really does seem that what is supposed to be easy always morphs into something unimaginably difficult...

Yeah, that sounds like a typical weekend at my house. Just recently we had some of the kids (dd and her finance') move back home when they transferred to MTSU. We literally rearranged the whole house and then the next weekend put it half of it back almost exactly where it came from. It wasn't working out the new way due to unforseen fit and function issues. It did help me figure out better ways to make everything work and flow but I swear everyone was ready to kill me when I told them that the 500 lb. entertainment center had to go back upstairs.

Now we have the young couple on the first floor in the guest room and they have the downstairs office for studying. The formal living room and dining room serve as a libray and music room but rarely get used. So it is almost like they have their own apt. on the first floor. Then hubby and I have a suite on the second floor with our own bath and office. The youngest two have rooms upstairs and share a bath. Then we use the family room on the second floor if we ever want to watch tv together (which is rarely as hardly anyone is ever home anymore).

The young adults are carrying 18 credit hours, a part time job and a heavy voluteer load. Hubby works and is getting a master's degree. The teen is carrying three honors classes and has many extra curricular activities and the youngest has her hands full with school, chorus and art projects. Most of the time I am home all by myself but hey the house works for me. :001_smile: