Menu

The other day my son snowboarded down our stairs. Anyone else with wild boys?

Ria

Yes. Really. On his brother's snowboard. He said he just wanted to see if he could do it. He did, hit the bottom, and hit the wall ahead of him. He was just fine (so he said...he's 14...they do things like this, unfortunately!).

I'm just thinking back to my 22 years of raising 5 sons and wondering what other things I've missed, lol. Anyone else have a "fun" boy experience?

Yes, it involves a 7yo, a bike and a very steep hill.

I guess the real question is this: did it involve an ER visit? Yikes!

One of our ER visits involved jumping boys who had gotten into my knitting stuff. One knitting needle, one screaming boy, hours in ER, and one punctured eardrum later we were home....gad. Maybe I'm glad we are up to snowboarding these days!

One of our ER visits involved jumping boys who had gotten into my knitting stuff. One knitting needle, one screaming boy, hours in ER, and one punctured eardrum later we were home....gad. Maybe I'm glad we are up to snowboarding these days!

Yikes.

Some of the teenagers here were building jumps for their snowboards here last winter. Some of their creations were....frightening.

DS5 climbed the cedar fence, then tried to slide down it (:confused: it's vertical...). He now has about 20-30 splinters in his hand that he refuses to let me pick out. I will be sitting up late tonight with a headlamp and tweezers while he sleeps...

This is the same kid I found standing on top of the fireplace mantel when he was 10 months old. He could climb the rock wall to get to the top of the backyard wooden fort before he could walk.

Last week, DS8 jumped off a boulder at the local rock climbing place and bruised the bottom of his foot so badly that he can't walk. He's been hobbling around for 9 days. According to the x-ray, it's not broken. :001_huh:

This is the same kid I found standing on top of the fireplace mantel when he was 10 months old. He could climb the rock wall to get to the top of the backyard wooden fort before he could walk.

:lol::lol::lol:

Obviously, this was a sign of things to come!

I have triplets, and when they were maybe 2 years old, they were standing at the gate at the top of the stairs. All three of them were pulling back and forth on the gate, but I didn't think anything of it as the gate was bolted into the wall. They yanked hard and then pushed, and all three rode that gate like a sled down the stairs headfirst. I was like 2 steps behind them the whole way, and just couldn't catch them! Unbelievably, no one was hurt, though the wall required major patching!

Four boys and one tomboy here - they sat in a laundry basket and surfed down our 30 step spiral staircase. They also caught many trantulas, snakes (some venomous), scorpions, squirrels, armadillos ... Hedgehog, bunnies and probably others I am not aware of.

This is the reason Mothers Day was invented - our reward for surviving another year.

Edited by 5KidzRUs

I have triplets, and when they were maybe 2 years old, they were standing at the gate at the top of the stairs. All three of them were pulling back and forth on the gate, but I didn't think anything of it as the gate was bolted into the wall. They yanked hard and then pushed, and all three rode that gate like a sled down the stairs headfirst. I was like 2 steps behind them the whole way, and just couldn't catch them! Unbelievably, no one was hurt, though the wall required major patching!

LOL! Too funny! My twins would tear down baby gates at that age too. They treated baby gates like a challenge to be conquered in the least time possible.

Ds has been the one to climb out the window to play on the roof when he was 4. He jumped off of it when he was 5 (bit his lip but otherwise fine and it was from the second storey). He has also managed to be bucked off a horse at age 12. Cut up his arm from shoulder to wrist but got right back on and finished the ride.

I remember as a teen one of my friends and I would mattress surf down her stairs. We did it all the time, I am shocked her parents let us looking back on it. The difference was she was in a split level and we would ride the mattress down into the unused formal livingroom, not the wall. My ds mattress surfed once down our stairs, he crashed into the wall on the landing and hurt his head. He did not mattress surf again after that. Though he did use the laundry basket to slide downt eh steps and land in the laundry he threw downt eh stairs first (he was supposed to be taking it to the laundry room)

It's funny I did a lot of stupid, dangerous stuff as a teen, my brother was the mellow one. (riding on the hood of a car while my friend did doughnuts in the parking lot to see how long I could hold on, riding in the trunk to another friends place because not only did we run out of seatbelts but we ran out of laps in the car (car built for 5 there was 12 of us piled into it). And the list goes on and on. I think my son comes by his stunts honestly.

Edited by swellmomma