Menu

Boonboon free downloadable text books

I saw a short film about this website a couple of days ago on a BBC programme and thought someone might find it useful. It is free downloadable text books on a range of subjects written by university professors. I believe it is aimed at university/college 1st years and slightly younger. It might vary book to book. My kids are way too young so i haven't looked that thoroughly.

http://bookboon.com

:lurk5: The few textbooks I've looked at have a crisp, no-nonsense format (PDF). The content seems to be presented in a concise, get 'er done, no frills form. Those I've downloaded and browsed appear to be on an intro to _______ level, and there seem to be quite a few choices. The book on minerals and rocks has lots of clear diagrams and some color photos.

I think these would be good for brief introductions, review, and maybe a jumping-off point for exploring something new. There are quite a few color ads scattered frequently in the text with a prompt to "click the advert". The English versions use UK conventions. In order to download, you provide an e-mail address for their monthly newsletter (they say it won't be shared), and a short profile.

FWIW, I've run a security scan on the books I downloaded and found no viruses, but I haven't clicked on any of the ads which seem to be for a variety of tech companies and products plus study and employment opportunities. There are lots of categories including math, computer science, engineering, chemistry, biology, and economics.

Edited by Martha in NM
add info