Menu

If you love Freddie Mercury (as do I)

I STILL miss him. How sad is that?

I don't think the video is available in the US until the 6th, though...

We were all talking last night about the dearth of 'distinctive' singers in the past 10-15 years. I mean, seriously - you hear Freddie Mercury, and you immediately know it is him. Most of the drivel pop you hear today is so auto-tuned and Disney-fied, who knows who it is...

a

I STILL miss him. How sad is that?

I don't think the video is available in the US until the 6th, though...

We were all talking last night about the dearth of 'distinctive' singers in the past 10-15 years. I mean, seriously - you hear Freddie Mercury, and you immediately know it is him. Most of the drivel pop you hear today is so auto-tuned and Disney-fied, who knows who it is...

a

:iagree:

I was a weirdo in highschool...was into Queen loooooooooooong before my classmates discovered them via Wayne's World (:ack2:)...Honestly can't remember a time that I wasn't listening to Queen.

I performed Bohemian Rhapsody as a poety recital for my gr 12 English class :lol:

One of my favourites was him performing with Maria Callas.

He was an incredible, incredible talent.

All my kids know Queen. And love them.

I was watching Biography Channel specials about Queen and Freddie last week. Musically it is just tragic because he is so talented. But I was also left a bit angry with him after I learned his friends and family were warning him to take precautions but he refused and eventually contracted AIDS. Not to mention that he probably infected others. And then the loss of the music, how hs band members could have gone on longer as Queen... Ah, Freddie, at least we are left with amazing music.

I was watching Biography Channel specials about Queen and Freddie last week. Musically it is just tragic because he is so talented. But I was also left a bit angry with him after I learned his friends and family were warning him to take precautions but he refused and eventually contracted AIDS. Not to mention that he probably infected others. And then the loss of the music, how hs band members could have gone on longer as Queen... Ah, Freddie, at least we are left with amazing music.

I think you have to remember the times, though. We really didn't know much about HIV/AIDS then. There wasn't a lot of accurate information, and there were so many misconceptions.

2nd 'Is it bad?' question...

Is it bad that I'm now answering the phone, "Happy Freddie Mercury birthday!"

:lol:

Methinks I need a hobby. Or a nap.

I'd be tempted to answer the phone singing 'I Want to Break Free'. :tongue_smilie:

Dh says my singing that would discourage any telemarketer from ever calling here again. :D

He also wants me to stop singing 'Somebody To Love'. My oldest is singing 'Bohemian Rhapsody'. I have taught him well.

I think you have to remember the times, though. We really didn't know much about HIV/AIDS then. There wasn't a lot of accurate information, and there were so many misconceptions.

I do remember the times. But when news of a gay disease that was killing people becasme known, his friends kept telling him to take precautions and not have so much free sex in bathhouses and such. To be choosier about partners. He refused.

I'd be tempted to answer the phone singing 'I Want to Break Free'. :tongue_smilie:

Dh says my singing that would discourage any telemarketer from ever calling here again. :D

He also wants me to stop singing 'Somebody To Love'. My oldest is singing 'Bohemian Rhapsody'. I have taught him well.

My kids have been singing Queen forever :D

Some smart alecks claim this is my theme song. I have NO idea what they're talking about *flutters eyelashes innocently*

http://www.youtube.com/user/queenofficial?ytsession=2ZHYPgWNLDbxDeO7GA9OHx0obyRgyIjMVhc4lWJWa-1mBMrmRnvdEyywXpC_ruzDeP90R5aBDWiu7anLH5EoLDKAA9suMRymW06hLGRBox4kk9GiyRviRy_ZuUQf7Utx0qTRTfeucCVbS-EoPl7L1c1vrxeT-Bdc8tqMz17TmbEDUgONzKxhKMGtFmXNOX8YZnEoqdWfrUCjU4zn5WWQaFlZDVdz0h91V1LeCsY5ON5Q8dNB3uDc5t85fD7pHCVRYdAtgYdbrDCqLKNt1atxbNkd2vRCWfGqDxuV9aqjc9M#p/search/35/hFDcoX7s6rE

I do remember the times. But when news of a gay disease that was killing people becasme known, his friends kept telling him to take precautions and not have so much free sex in bathhouses and such. To be choosier about partners. He refused.

That's pretty average for single young men, especially those who've had a taste of fame. The bad stuff will never happen to them.

I was introduced the Queen very late. 1992 when the Blue Jays won the World Series. It was just after midnight here and not one neighbour complained when the kid across the street stuck his stereo speakers out his window and blasted, "We Are the Champions."

I think the whole subdivision was wide awake that night anyway. :D