Menu

What is Dollywood like?

I have only ever gone once.

If they do it the same way they did back then, you can go after 3pm and get in the 2nd day for free. We did this to help break up the time in the park.

It is ok. It is more of a here is the small kid's section and here is the roller coaster section.

Crowds were actually ok when we went and we went in the summer time. I would imagine if it isn't summer it would be even better.

Dawn

It's been years since I have gone. I loved it there! My grandmother always joked that she wanted to be buried there. I think it has expanded a lot since I was there last. One day back then would have been enough. I guess I have no advice, just feeling a little jealous! :001_smile:

We have season passes and are going back in a couple of weeks! There are a lot of fair type rides, water rides, several roller coasters, a carousel, a train, and plenty of shows to see. We love it and so do our kiddo's! The food is expensive but fairly good.

Crowds are light weekdays in Sept and Oct. The bbq and bluegrass festival is currently going on and then I think they have something like Octoberfest and craft fair in October.

The waterpark is closed for the season after Labor Day I believe.

Watch out for the weekend of Sept. 16th-18th, it is the annual rod-run and Pigeon Forge will be crowded.

Stay FAR AWAY from The Grand Hotel.....It was rated trip advisor's worst hotel in America:blink:.

I've not had experience with children with disabilities there but I would imagine they would be very helpful. However, they are very strict about height requirements and wouldn't let my 4yo on the bumper cars over less than 1/4".

I think they've already done their yearly hs day. It should be quieter now until their next big event. I think they do something at Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'd check their website to see what major events are coming up. I might try to avoid those, although in truth they haven't been all that busy in recent years....

I would think that two full days in the park are sufficient. There are TONS of other things to see and do in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge and up in the Smoky Mtn. Nat. Park (or even over into Cherokee). You could also drive over on the Blueridge Parkway to Asheville and see Biltmore, which should have fall flowers in soon....

I don't think I'd plan a day at an outdoor water park now, LOL, as it's a bit too chilly, but maybe you are polar bears....