Menu

I know it is a little early but.... I need Halloween costume recs

I don't know why, but I'm already stressing out about this... We are hosting a large Halloween party for Dh's troop this year (kids included). The guys will have been home only for a few weeks, and I will be about 8 months pregnant. So I want something really cute - not creepy, etc! :D We usually try have costumes that go together - - I am just drawing a blank!

Plus, we have some super creative people in the group, so we don't want to be boring... :glare:

Anyone have a great idea???????

My daughter and her best friend (both only children) wanted to have coordinating costumes this year. Here is the list they made to choose from.

Puppy & kitten

Hamburger & Fries

Milk & Cookie

Thing 1 & Thing 2

Jellyfish & Octopus

Crayons

Flowers

Cowboy & Indian

M&Ms

Bumble Bee & Lady Bug

Bumble Bee & Flower

Cat & Mouse

Toothbrush & Tooth

Dice

Sun & Moon w/stars

Firefighter & Dalmation

Lemon & Lime

Blueberries & Strawberries

2 Peas in a Pod

Macaroni & Cheese

Popcorn & Movie Ticket

Popcorn & Chocolate Bar

Chicken & Egg

Eggs & Bacon

Santa & Rudolph

Snowman & Rudolph

iPod & iPad or MacBook*

Eiffel Tower & Leaning Tower of Pisa

Fork & Spoon

PacMan & Ghost

Pencil & Paper

Littlest Pets

Movie Ticket & Movie Reel

Ketchup & Mustard

This is pretty stupid but my DH and I were popcorn one year! We were on our honeymoon and the ship had a costume party and naturally everyone had to improvise. We took the bedsheets, wrapped them around us and used rope in a crazy pattern, then pull the sheets through the ropes to make big poofy parts. We won the contest for creativity! :lol:

I love Halloween costumes! I usually start planning in August. We go to Disney each year for Halloween and attend Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and also trick or treat around the campground on the 31st. I try to coordinate our costumes each year. It's so much fun! Since we're at Disney, I try to put together costumes that are not too hot (down here in FL it could very well be 85 or 90 degrees on Halloween). I also try to make them "ride friendly" so it will be comfortable to climb onto a ride without the costumes being too bulky. Plus, of course, I try to keep it on a budget while still looking decent.

Last year, at the kids request, we were characters from the Super Mario Brothers.

DH as Luigi....

6101253395_88058dd64c.jpg

Me as a Goomba...

6101800970_ae96af7c2d.jpg

Oldest DD as Princess Toadstool....

6101800938_c35f8d1703.jpg

And youngest DD as Toadette....

6101800904_4a504a03db.jpg

The year before that, we were pirates. Simple and very Disney-ish. Before the Halloween party, we had DD made over by pirates at the Pirates League. I didn't get great photos of us that year, but here we are....

DH and younger DD....

6101253333_4a736f556a.jpg

The girls together....

6101800836_88470654c9.jpg

And the year before that, we were super heroes. I loved these costumes!

6101800996_65798fa37f.jpg

When DD#1 was only a year old, I dressed her and I as Cruella de Ville and a Dalmatian....

6101253449_dd7d74fcc0.jpg

Can you tell that I love planning our costumes? I'm bummed this year because DD#3 is due 3 days before Halloween (not that DD is due LOL, but that Halloween won't be the same). So no Disney this year, and I don't even know what Halloween will entail this time. So I'll just let the kids choose a costume as it gets closer to October. No family costumes this year.

One year the kids were The Bacteria Bunch, and dressed like large versions of these.

Noah's Ark would be fun. Someone could be the ark, and others could be animals. The ark would have boat-y bits going fore and aft around their waist (foam, or foam core, or whatever, maybe held in place with suspenders) and maybe carry an umbrella.

A couple we know were the Tidy Bowl Man and a toilet.

This year we'll probably do Wizard of Oz because the kids were leads in it this summer.

We love costumes! We usually do a paired or group thing that allows for a bit of individual choice, such as:

*Greek gods/characters, Robin Hood and his Merry Men, whatever you're studying in history!

*pirates; cowboys and cowgirls

*Fairy tales - when dd #1 was 4, she was Little Red Riding Hood, and her teeny, tiny 2-yr-old sister was the wolf (she wore a nightgown and lace cap a la grandma, but the nightgown had a tale sticking out the back and the cap had furry ears poking out . . . people went nuts over that one!)

*next year or so, oldest was an angel and youngest was a devil, lol, and some of the adults were devils with her

*another year, one of them was a waitress and the other one was a menu

*Movies - Wizard of Oz is a fun one that has lots of completely different characters

A dose of cuteness to get you in the mood:

post-740-13535085430517_thumb.jpg

Ok, since I can't seem to figure out how to muti-quote, I will just have to say THANK YOU for all of the great ideas! I just knew you would come up with the most creative, fun and hilarious ideas, and you definitely didn't let me down!

Now, I just have to narrow down the list into what I can manage to find/make. My worst problem is that Dh is the sewing/Halloween costume making master in this house. When it is left up to me, I end up having to buy costumes:glare:.

++ Loved the pics too! Those are great costumes!