Menu

VIE Grade 2... Anyone care to share a schedule?

LaxMom

We are using Voyages in English this year, for my second graders and my sixth grader. I got the books, and they were exactly what I was looking for. I printed off the grade 6 lesson plan/ schedule and got it all into HST+ this afternoon, oh happy joy...

But I cannot, canNOT, figure out how to schedule the grade 2 lessons. The basic calendar setup in the TM doesn't seem to correspond to the actual lessons... Further confounding is that no search of the boards or even Google has given up anything like a schedule. I'm at a loss.

Is there anyone here who is using -or has used - VIE grade 2 with any sort of a schedule, and would grace me with some of your wisdom?

Yes, that's a curiosity to me.

For us, it has everything I'm looking for - written grammar component, diagramming, writing. And it's recommended in the WTM, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't be more popular.

FWIW, we are also using FLL with the boys, which has been excellent for them (the redundancy made it a point of contention with my now 10 yo daughter in first grade, though) and I feel like they are getting a lot out of it. Voyages, at their level, just provides a different approach to the same thing - a visual reinforcement - plus a gentle introduction to writing that I don't see them necessarily getting through their copywork.

Sigh. I may just end up going page by page through their books and putting them into HST+.

Thanks for bumping for me. :001_smile: