Menu

Does anyone use A.C.E. for math or English? nt

The curriculum is design for the student to read the instructions and do the assigned material. That is the way "I" do with my dd.

The curr. instructions are that the student log in where he begins and when done timewise with the subject to log in the page where he finished or stopped....or the other way is the student read the Pace and determine how much work can be done a day and log it in, but if he do not cover the material he thought he would or did more....the "supervisor" (us) will make the changes in the lesson plan NOT the student.

I like the way I do it better. Sometimes she does less or more and I make the changes. Otherwise, is all on her own. I do correct her work at the end of the day. So, eventhough I am few feet away from her, I help her when she ask or when I see her work and "we need to talk";).

If you dd can work on her own, I think the curriculum is ideal. Do not be fool thinking that is too easy, it is not. We were fooled by it. If she applies herself to it and takes advantage of all that the Pace offers, she will have a solid knowledge on whichever subject you choose.

The Pace is to be completed in 2 and a half to three weeks max. Some can be done earlier and is fine, as long as the checkups and the selftest shows that the student understand the material.

HTH