Menu

Newer version TT Algebra ???

buttercup

Is it possible to just get the book without the CD's and use the program this way? I know the older version book has the teaching right in the book as well as on the CD's. Does the newer version have the same amount of teaching in the books as the older version? Thanks!

Is it possible to just get the book without the CD's and use the program this way? I know the older version book has the teaching right in the book as well as on the CD's. Does the newer version have the same amount of teaching in the books as the older version? Thanks!

I've had both the old and now the new version of TT Algebra 1. The new version's text still has the written lessons, practice problems and problem sets.

You'll definitely want to get the new version of Algebra 1. My son did the older version last year (only the book, he doesn't like the CDs) and right before state testing I realized that it didn't cover the quadratic equation! For the week before the test I had to cover that with him, and he said there were a few questions about it on the test (he did still manage to get an advanced score on the test). I saw that with the new version coming out this year that they do cover the quadratic equation.

We do not have state testing where I live and my dd would be using TT Algebra in 8th grade. Currently we have the older version. CJshima, I am wondering if she were to go on to use TT Algebra 2 in 9th grade, would they cover those quadratic equations in the TT Alg. 2 text so she would be covered before she does the psat later. Tenth grade she could take TT Geometry and so forth. Tina, thanks for answering my question about the text. That was what I was wondering.