Menu

Cheers for good neighbors and everyone here who strives to be a good neighbor

There have been a lot of threads lately on bad neighbors. We have def. been there. However, I just had a great neighbor experience and wanted to pass it on. My son went around just our cul-de-sac selling coupon books for football. He sold the 5 he was supposed to sell (thank you sweet neighbors and thank you karma for all those darn coupon books I've bought) but came back home short of the cash he was supposed to have. I asked him to go back out and keep looking and told him I'd be there to help in a few minutes. When I went out, one neighbor was out helping him. She'd seen him searching from her window and came out to see what she could do. Then another neighbor came up a couple minutes later with the 20 dollar bill that my son had left on his porch accidentally.

I know this isn't a really big deal. I like my neighbors for so much more than this. I also know this could all change with a new neighbor (two houses on the street on the market.) However, it is such a blessing to have good neighbors. I wanted to thank everyone out here who takes the time and thought to be a good neighbor. It's one of those things we don't appreciate fully til we don't have it. Finally, extra hugs to those of you dealing with bozos. BTDT and it's not fun.

Anyway, if you have a great neighbor experience you'd like to share, I'd love to read it. It's always nice to hear what people appreciate and learn how we can all live together better.

We had a neighbor's package accidentally delivered to our house. When my husband dropped it off, the neighbor (whom we'd never before met; it isn't a particularly social neighborhood) gave us an enormous jar of honey as a thank you. Turns out he's a beekeeper. :)

In our old neighborhood, he probably would have yelled at us for stealing his package and set his bees on us. I like it here.

My neighbor who I know from chatting when one of us is out walking and occasionally hiring her kids for yard work drove me to the hospital 2 weeks ago when I fell on the bathroom floor. Then she stayed and entertained my 2 year old because the hospital wouldn't let him come into the Labor & Delivery triage with me. She wouldn't hear of just leaving us in the waiting room until DH drove back from work(he was 2 hours away).

As soon as I can move around more reliably I am baking her...something amazing.

Here's to good neighbors!

LOVE our cul-de-sac neighbors!

All of the kids (generally) get along and the adults (generally) share similar values and parenting philosophies so there's very little drama and a whole lot of unspoken but understood support.

Last month we went out of state to visit famiy, and one neighbor mowed our lawn for us "just so you'd have one less thing to do when you got home."

Life is good here!

We've lived in 2 neighborhoods like that (including our current one). I don't even love our house, but I would hate to leave this neighborhood.

Love out neighbors too! We regularly catch our neighbors clearing our sidewalk during snow season. One of our immediate neighbors built a beautiful brick retaining wall between our yards this year. He can't even see it at all from his lot and he could have done something super ugly and/or cheap. But it's very visible from our lot and he went all out to make it super nice. We get invited to barbeques and holiday parties there.

Neighbors across the street have kids that go to school but are on either side of my oldest (girl a few months older, boy a year younger). They are some of my kid's most beloved friends. They are all a little "quirky" and a little too smart for their own good. They are like extended family here. The mom called me with a minor emergency earlier this week at 8 am. Her kids spent half the day here, and I know she'd do the same for us. I'm super comfortable with the other parents in this area in general. If my kid's are with their "posse", I feel comfortable!

:party: I have a rocking neighborhood - hope to never move! Not to mention I can walk to a library, a coffee shop, and endless other cool things from here. Heck - today we walked to our state fair from our house!

Edited by kck

Our neighbors on both sides put away our emptied garbage cans when they are putting away theirs (we do the same).

The neighbor on the right seeds our lawn when she does hers. She loves gardening and always gives us some great advice. :001_smile: She can spend hours listening to our girls talk and answer their questions. Very sweet lady!