Menu

How can I get rid of any remaining ant pesticide from kitchen counter?

Dh sprayed it along the back edge of the counter, on about 3 inches of the counter too. (it was a bad infestation-he was desperate) The ants are gone but I'm so creeped about about pesticide in my organic kitchen that I can barely use the counters!

What can I clean it with to make sure it's GONE!!?? The counters are formica, a dark marble color (to look like granite).

I can't answer that, but for future reference, peppermint oil mixed with water is EXCELLENT for getting rid of ants, and you don't have to worry about spraying it in your kitchen! It kills them on contact and deters them as well. I'd say it works BETTER than pesticide.

Dh sprayed it along the back edge of the counter, on about 3 inches of the counter too. (it was a bad infestation-he was desperate) The ants are gone but I'm so creeped about about pesticide in my organic kitchen that I can barely use the counters!

What can I clean it with to make sure it's GONE!!?? The counters are formica, a dark marble color (to look like granite).

The best way is to google the active pesticidal ingredient in the ant poison and find out what neutralizes it. Many chemicals have another substance that acts as a binding agent so the poison is neutralized or easily wiped away. Acids can be neutralized by bases (baking soda), etc. If you can't find it by google, then tomorrow morning call your local Agricultural extension office (this is operated by your big land grant university). Many, many times the master gardener there will know the answer and if not, they will put a call into the state lab to find out for you.

Faith