Menu

Yikes - I need a speed course in diagramming!!

At the risk of sounding like an absolute moron, I never did sentence diagramming in school. My children have never had it in their LA curriculum either. I just received CLE's Language Arts 7 for my 8th grader. It looks great, but Lesson 2 has stumped me with diagramming. Please help! I'm sure there are books out there, but if you know of a good online resource I could use to familiarize myself with this technique I'd so much appreciate it. I really want to get going on this. Thanks!

Just google diagramming and you'll find online sites.

http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/diagrams2/one_pager1.htm

Thanks. I was just googling, trying to weed through and find something that actually teaches me so that I can teach my son. Love the simplicity of the examples in the link you gave me, but still feel like I'm studying a foreign language and not english! Feeling overwhelmed... :confused:

. . . .And don't feel bad about not knowing how to diagram. Most of the rest of us didn't do it in school (well, I did it one summer in "reading" class, but I don't remember anything except I hated that class) either. I know I learn right along with my oldest!

... specific help with CLE LA 7 let me know; I still have it from when we completed it 2 yrs ago.

Oh thanks, we'll see how it goes.

Thanks!

. . . .And don't feel bad about not knowing how to diagram. Most of the rest of us didn't do it in school (well, I did it one summer in "reading" class, but I don't remember anything except I hated that class) either. I know I learn right along with my oldest!

Thanks for you encouragement. I was starting to feel quite inadequate.