Menu

Toothpaste with very little taste...I need some brands!

My son who has always been um, difficult, has yet another bee in his bonnet of things that make his life miserable.

Toothpaste flavors.

He has been using barely any actual paste (I have just found this out) because he says the flavors are too strong. Now that I have been thinking about it, he's right. Every toothpaste out there is competing for the largest amount of mint blast. Added to the problem, is that if it is too gritty (or gritty at all), or has a gross texture, he won't use it either.

So... if you know of a brand with a mild, ho-hum, barely there flavor, please let me know! I am not going to argue about this with him, I am going to try to find something he can use.

TIA!

My picky kids like Burt's Bees, the orange flavor. Or better yet, Biotene toothpaste, which also helps prevent sores in my canker sore peeps. I personally think it tastes like bilgewater, but a third of my family realllllly likes it. I'm so crazy about megamintpower -- I kinda want my teeth to feel like they just got a peel.

I feel your pain. My ds could never stand mint toothpaste, and cinnamon was too strong, too.

For most of his life, he's used Tom's of Maine Silly Strawberry or Orange-Mango. Recently, he's also used these, which his dentist sells.

Wendi

Link is broken.

I find the orange-mango less strong and sweet than the strawberry. I'll look for the really, really mild lemon my niece uses. It says it is lemon because "mint" interferes with homeopathic meds, so perhaps looking at a homeopathic store?

Here: http://www.foodsofnature.com/product/homeodentlemon/25555/homeodentlemon.html

Very mild

Edited by kalanamak

At home we use baking soda, which could be flavored if you wanted - essential oils, or flavored extracts.

When we travel, we buy tooth powder. I can't recall the brand off-hand, but it's a blue squeeze bottle. The mint is so mild it's barely there, and they also have cinammon and one other flavor ... tasted licorice-ish and started with an "A" ... that's the one my son likes. He hates all things flavored but this doesn't phase him.