Menu

Well now it's obvious the hurricane is a serious situation.

The Starbucks was CLOSED!!!! The horror! One of the worst things in the face of a potential emergency is to be uncaffeinated!!!!

Thankfully, the Dunkin Donuts was still there for the general public in this state of emergency.

Close the southbound Parkway traffic, cancel tolls, stop running LIRR, MTA and all other public transportation, close museums, darken Broadway and close Atlantic City. But take away our coffee? What is the world coming too?

The Starbucks was CLOSED!!!! The horror! One of the worst things in the face of a potential emergency is to be uncaffeinated!!!!

Thankfully, the Dunkin Donuts was still there for the general public in this state of emergency.

Close the southbound Parkway traffic, cancel tolls, stop running LIRR, MTA and all other public transportation, close museums, darken Broadway and close Atlantic City. But take away our coffee? What is the world coming too?

1. I love your siggy!

2. This is why it is so important to prepare. Since my zojirushi water boiler may not have electricity, I have a camp stove ready just in case I need to boil tea water in a kettle like the cavemen did. I regret not picking up a hand-cranked blender for cocktail hour :banghead:

LOL, my friend was in London with her family during the latest riots. They'd been out sightseeing in Greenwich when museums, stores, public transport started to be shut down around them; they made it back to the hotel after a fairly harrowing few hours, and what does she email to complain about? The Starbucks across the street from the hotel had closed early!

1. I love your siggy!

2. This is why it is so important to prepare. Since my zojirushi water boiler may not have electricity, I have a camp stove ready just in case I need to boil tea water in a kettle like the cavemen did. I regret not picking up a hand-cranked blender for cocktail hour :banghead:

But don't use your camp stove indoors!

I'm sure you already knew that, but I had to say it anyway because just about every time we have a big windstorm and its resulting power outage here, somebody dies from using a camp stove or BBQ indoors. Or from running their generator right next to the house, or in their attached garage...

:lol:

Oh, the horror!!!!!!

We have our Handpresso ready to go. Even ordered extra pods (we are not pod people but this will do in a pinch). All we have to do is get some hot water going on the grill or with the camp stove (outside, of course).

Life without espresso ... [shudder].