Menu

Khan Academy and Macintosh use

Guest janicebremner

Guest janicebremner

My son, 7, is gifted in math and I want to supplement his basic math education he gets at school by using videos and exercises from the Khan Academy. The only computers I have are macs - but I can't get the exercises to load. Is this a hardware issue? Do I need a Windows-based, PC machine to use the Khan Academy online?

My son, 7, is gifted in math and I want to supplement his basic math education he gets at school by using videos and exercises from the Khan Academy. The only computers I have are macs - but I can't get the exercises to load. Is this a hardware issue? Do I need a Windows-based, PC machine to use the Khan Academy online?

We use both mac and PC to access it (often at the same time, lol). I've never had any trouble.

I've used various versions of Firefox on my Mac and the videos are fine. The videos are stored on youtube servers, do you have youtube blocked?

....and I just tested exercises. They work for me using Firefox 3.6.20. Make sure java is installed and up to date also since the exercises use javascript.

Edited by Jill