Menu

State studies...

ThreeBlessings

I would like to incorporate State studies into our school year. :) I did buy some colorful, low cost, pdf copywork pages with info about each state, but after printing 4 states I've realized I just can't afford to use this right now. I'm not sure how to proceed with this idea. I did find a free 5 page state report that is black and white that I'd be okay with printing, though with two kids that is still a lot of ink. Also after googling States I only found one decent site with info for filling out the reports. It is a little busy for my taste, but usable. Does anyone have any wonderful cheap/free ideas for State studies? Links, books I may find at the library, etc? Thanks! I thought about using the copywork pages on the computer for the kids to read and use for filing out most of the report. It has a lot of pages that would have to be sifted through though.

There is a book,movie and game called, The Scrambled States of America. Your library probably has the book. Also I am sure they have some type of "state atlas" book.

Target had State workbooks in the dollar section.

Also the dollars stores and once again Target might have cheap state flashcards. You can use those for info or to make your own game.

I did a state study this summer and used almost everything from the library.

I also printed a two-page notebook page from the Internet. It could be printed front and back on one page too.

I used Train of States by Peter Sis as one of the spines.

The other spine we used was The Unites States of America; A State by State Guide by Millie Miller

I used a notebook page from Homeschool Launch that has typical state information on it.

I had my son play these free games from Sheppard Software online.

I used this map to have my son color the states as we learned them.

We did purchase the Scrambled States of America game to play while learning the states. But other than that, I just borrowed books from the library.