Menu

Kittens are dying every day in my local grocery store.

That is just so wrong. Does no one proofread anymore? How many people saw that between saying "hey we need a sign that says potatoes" and the actual hanging of the finished sign?

Oh the kittanity!!

Is that REALLY your local grocery? I don't think I could take it. I'd ask to see the manager. I'd tell him to take it down.

It is. I go there every 10 days on average. I think the sign is new because I hadn't noticed it before. Oh, the name of the store is Smith's. Maybe they really like apostrophes? :tongue_smilie:

It's a kittastrophe!

In other news: dh and I had a function tonight where several speeches were given. Someone used the word "dearth" when they should have used "wealth." I judged him.

:lol: In a similar vein, I judged ds2's English teacher when she failed to mark the improper use of "effect" in ds's paper. He should have used "affect" instead. He did it twice in that paper. :glare:

Blerg.

I was unable to patronize our local oil change shop after they put a big sign out from offering:

"Free Analyzation!"

It sounded painful.

:lol:

Okay, dh wanted to know why I was LOL. I didn't even want to get into explaining it.

On another note though, at least they don't charge for this service!

Apostrophes are fine in their own way, but the real fun is looking for misused quotation marks in public. They're everywhere!

There's a blog out there somewhere called, "The Blog of Unnecessary Quotation Marks." It's hilarious!

Um, it's actually called The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks.

Get it right. Sheesh.

:tongue_smilie: :D

Just last night I was reading a sign at the place where dc take Tae Kwon Do. It was advertising safety equipment, and one sentence said, "A cup is recommended for male's." I won't detail my train of thought at that point... :lol:

It's a kittastrophe!

:lol:

Blerg.

I was unable to patronize our local oil change shop after they put a big sign out from offering:

"Free Analyzation!"

It sounded painful.

Yikes!

I overuse; semicolins; it drove my grad advisor nuts! I had to take remedial punctuation lessons from her. :tongue_smilie:

:svengo: What a tragic sign of the times. They don't even make me laugh anymore. They make me want to cry! We've got the internet, for crying out loud - look it up!

Thank God your children have you, all you caring, involved, homeschooling mothers. You're going to have to be the ones who save us from apathy, ignorance, and bad education!

That is just so wrong. Does no one proofread anymore? How many people saw that between saying "hey we need a sign that says potatoes" and the actual hanging of the finished sign?
The pathetic thing, Audrey, is that they do proofread and don't recognize the errors. ("School suplies"...seriously?!) Don't even get me started on the weekly local paper. Oy vey!
Apostrophes are fine in their own way, but the real fun is looking for misused quotation marks in public. They're everywhere!
Definitely! A sign on a local walking path warns that the bridge may be "ICY" when wet. Not icy, mind you, but "ICY". I love the unnecessary quotation marks "blog" and bought several "copies" of her little book for "gift-giving" purposes.

Oh, the name of the store is Smith's.
I hope the store belongs to ONE person named Smith... if it's a family I'd have to patronize elsewhere! :lol:
Ah, but what to do if you're friends with one of the many families (e.g. "The Johnson's") who are killing kittens on a daily basis right outside their homes?:D