Menu

How would you plan for a course titled "Current Events & Issues"?

Seriously? I'd put the newspaper on the kitchen table, tell my child to read it and then discuss at the dinner table. Lather, rinse and repeat each day. I think that's one arena where we can save ourselves the stress of planning a course.

Well, in theory, yes. That's pretty much what I've done with my dc, but I'm advising a friend, and I know she doesn't have much of a background that would help her understand events that have led up to things that are going on now, kwim? It's difficult to just jump in if you've not paid attention before.

Well, in theory, yes. That's pretty much what I've done with my dc, but I'm advising a friend, and I know she doesn't have much of a background that would help her understand events that have led up to things that are going on now, kwim? It's difficult to just jump in if you've not paid attention before.

Then I suggest getting The Economist which does an excellent job of giving background information to each of the developments. It is a weekly news journal.