Menu

Dd dropped my Kindle down the stairs :-(

They don't bounce. Nor do they survive a fall down six or so steps to land on end on the hardwood floors.

She was reading Little Women (a good thing). She had taken it out of its cover (not a good thing).

Sigh. Oh well, it's a thing and not a person. But I'm still sad.

:crying:

Mine was ruined when baggage handlers somehow crushed the screen. When I read Amazon's return/replacement policy, it seemed to indicate that damage like mine would *not* allow for a replacement. I called to ask what I could do, and they replaced it, free, in less than a week. :)

Call Amazon and tell them that it's broken. They just might replace it, as they did mine.

Lisa

The problem is that it's a Kindle 2, not under warranty (it's 2 years old). However, I did just call, and they offered me an "upgrade" to a current generation Kindle (3G & WiFi) for $60. I took the offer. What they don't tell you unless you ask is that it's a refurbished (or new and returned) unit, and it only has a 3 month warranty vs. 1 year. Oh well, it's still way better than $189 for a brand new one.

Now I'm in the market for a cover. I'm of the opinion that had mine been in its cover, it might have survived the fall. Dh doesn't agree. Who knows, though? I still think it's safer to have it in a cover.

Check the Warehouse Deals at the bottom of the page....you can get new covers that have been sent back for whatever reason (didn't like color, etc) at a discount! I just got the red cover for the Kindle that my son will be getting for Christmas (I got that at a discount with the Warehouse deals, too!)