Menu

Fit Flops - anyone have them? Whaddya think?

I'm probably way behind the curve on this, but a friend just told me about them yesterday. I'm finding it kind of challenging to think of plunking down $50 for a pair of flip flops, but I do love my Naots, my Danskos, and yes, even my Crocs. And, if a little tightening action in the gluteals is a real possibility, I just might be inclined to hand over the cash.

~Cindy

I'm probably way behind the curve on this, but a friend just told me about them yesterday. I'm finding it kind of challenging to think of plunking down $50 for a pair of flip flops, but I do love my Naots, my Danskos, and yes, even my Crocs. And, if a little tightening action in the gluteals is a real possibility, I just might be inclined to hand over the cash.

~Cindy

I haven't heard of them. Are they the Dr. Scholls of the new millenium?

~Cindy

Oh, these look like MBT's. I've seen the results of wearing those, and they are quite impressive. It's the same idea -- basically, you're standing on a balance board all day long. When you walk, it's a smooth gliding action.

Don't know how it would be in flip flops, but I will say that they are *joint*-sparing and not *foot*-sparing if they're indeed like MBT's. You have to work up to using them gradually. Your muscles are taking the brunt of the work, not your joints and feet. That's a good thing, but uncomfortable at first.

Ok, someone needs to post a link. The picture in my head is those "high-jumping shoes" that Kramer wore on that episode of Seinfeld.

I am picturing all these women hobbling around in those. Get this picture out of my head!

I've never heard of these. I was going to say that my $5 versions from Old Navy work fine til I figured out that these are special.

Ok, someone needs to post a link. The picture in my head is those "high-jumping shoes" that Kramer wore on that episode of Seinfeld.

I am picturing all these women hobbling around in those. Get this picture out of my head!

I've never heard of these. I was going to say that my $5 versions from Old Navy work fine til I figured out that these are special.

Here is the first thing I found on google.

I think they might go with our leather jumpers that we should all wear to conferences.

It's too bad I no longer have (or could fit into) my blue pleather pants from college... The would be so perfect for the homeschool Expo this summer... :P

Thanks Gail.

Those are much better than the picture in my head. I don't know about those snake skin ones though... I think they might go with our leather jumpers that we should all wear to conferences.

"The 'Aurelia' a gorgeous, corseted, gladiator inspired, hybrid FitFlop boot. This black kid leather or snake skin beauty..."

I would not call those a "beauty." In fact, that is probably the ugliest looking footwear I have ever seen. What is the point of a flip flop that laces up your ankle? Ick!

Now, their other flip flops are cute.

Don't know how it would be in flip flops, but I will say that they are *joint*-sparing and not *foot*-sparing if they're indeed like MBT's. You have to work up to using them gradually. Your muscles are taking the brunt of the work, not your joints and feet. That's a good thing, but uncomfortable at first.

Pam, when you say "not foot-sparing" do you mean they are hard on your feet? Would you not recommend them for someone with a cyst between her 1st and 2nd metatarsals in the ball of her foot or prone to metatarsal stress fractures?

Pam, when you say "not foot-sparing" do you mean they are hard on your feet? Would you not recommend them for someone with a cyst between her 1st and 2nd metatarsals in the ball of her foot or prone to metatarsal stress fractures?

Mine were VERY hard on my feet for the first week. (And remember, I'm talking MBT's here, but they look like the same idea.) But my problem is that I'm out of shape in a major way and it was my foot muscles that were taking a beating. I really think they are bone and joint sparing because of how they work the muscles. My muscles hurt like crazy when I started wearing them, but for the first time in about two years, my joints did not ache at all. My feet hurt, but it wasn't my foot bones, and I didn't have any plantar fasciitis (sp?) with these even after a shift of observation in the OR. (My glutes, though -- different story. OW!)

It's a different sort of foot pain, and hard to explain. Achy, like hands when you start playing piano scales after a few years off. And by week two, it was non-existent. I'm glad I knew to ignore it and wait for my muscles to adapt.

That's good info, Pam. Brigitte, what do you think? Are you up for the gladiator snakeskin version? :)

~Cindy

I am if you are. I am sure we could find the perfect place in Cville to wear them. I hate to say that they probably are rather popular here in Aville. :tongue_smilie:

Aville - pretty funny, Brigitte! We could probably wear them in C-ville w/o nary a glance on the Downtown Mall, along with the blue pleather. BTW, I talked with Amy in VA tonight and she is giving us an Usborne Book to get ready for Katya (the 7yo from Ukraine that we'er hoping to adopt) coming in a few weeks.

:) Cindy

BTW, I talked with Amy in VA tonight and she is giving us an Usborne Book to get ready for Katya (the 7yo from Ukraine that we'er hoping to adopt) coming in a few weeks.

:) Cindy

Oh good! Does Katya speak Russian? Pardon my ignorance. Do you have good picture dictionaries in English for her? I assume her English is nonexistent.

It's not ignorance. Ukraine is split between Ukrainian and Russian. When Bill and I were there in the spring, we were in a primarily Ukrainian oblast. But, Katya is from Odessa where they speak primarily Russian. There are much more resources for learning Russian, so that's good. She speaks a little English, probably about as much Russian as I speak. :) Amy has the 1000 First Russian Words (probably not the right title, but I'm sure you know which one I'm talking about) that her dh is bringing to Bill today.

~Cindy