Menu

Has anyone found a good King Arthur audiobook?

HappyGrace

Unabridged, or only slightly abridged? I found a lovely one at our library (Penguin Audiobooks), very slightly abridged from the Green version, but the cassette (that's all they had) started skipping partway through! And the cheapest price for that one online is $43!

So now looking for another good version-help! I have to buy it since our library has no other versions of audio King Arthur, so I want to pick one that is really good, thanks.

ETA: I would love to find one by Green, but I don't see any online, so Pyle may have to do!

Edited by HappyGrace

Does the Once and Future King count? (Sorry, I am only getting into the Middle Ages this year, and don't know very much yet.) I used an Audible credit and got it free on Audible last week.

I realize this post isn't very helpful in finding an inexpensive and good version of King Arthur, but I guess I wanted to know if I picked a good audio-book with my credit.

Edited by Satori

the Jim Weiss was an excellent intro but very abridged. The Sean Bean one looks too abridged also, I think.

Even my 8yo has been enjoying the beautiful language in the Green version (like I said, it is only very slightly abridged, I think), so I'd like to continue in this vein, if possible. :)