Menu

What do you like on your burger?

I'm watching Man v. Food and Adam is eating a burger with what looks like everything but the kitchen sink. What do you like on yours? I'd do a poll, but I'm sure there are entirely too many options.

Oh, on mine I like cheese (don't much care what kind) mayo, onion, baby spinach, bacon, mushrooms and avacado. Alternately I also like them with mayo, mustard, pickles, baby spinach and tomato.

It depends on the burger. I'll eat darn near anything on it. When I met DH, he introduced me to the "burger with the lot," which has cheese, lettuce, tomato, mustard, ketchup, onion, pickles, egg, pineapple, and sliced beetroot. And I ate it. And I liked it.

Bacon, jalapenos, avocado, mushrooms, fried onion strings, various kinds of cheeses, any sort of lettuce/green... yeah I'll eat all that.

The only thing I really don't enjoy is mayo.

Edited by elise1mds
forgot about the shrooms!

My ultimate burger:

Bacon, cheddar cheese, sauteed mushrooms, mayo, mustard, relish, lettuce, extra pickle, extra tomato. Gf, of course.

And now I'm starving. :glare:

Sorry. I am too. I hate having Man v. Food on past 7p. I just get hungry watching Adam eat all that stuff. He is eating chili cheese fries right now. I adore chili cheese fried.

Mustard, onions, pickles. Lettuce is good, too. Sometimes cheese, sometimes tomato.

Anybody remember this? "Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce cheese, pickles, onions, on a sesame seed bun"? The question made me thing of that :tongue_smilie:.

Can we talk about hot dogs too, now?

Hebrew National or Nathan's are the best. Served on a Martin's potato roll. Topped with French's yellow mustard, sour kraut, and Boar's Head sweet vidalia onions in sauce....

I have SO made myself hungry. No wait, you did this to me! lol.

First and foremost, cheese (never American). In fact I won't even eat a burger without cheese. Also, ketchup, mustard (preferably Dijon), sauteed onions if they're available, pickles, and lettuce. Sometimes mushrooms.

And, even though you didn't ask ;)---I like my burgers medium rare.

Fave would be a thick slice of vidalia onion, a thick slice of beefsteak tomato and mayo. You could even leave the burger off and I'd still be happy with that.

I also like swiss and mushroom sometimes. I recently made some greek inspired burgers that had red onion, tomato, thinly sliced cucumber, feta and a mayo mixed with oregano and finely minced kalamatas. It was pretty darn good.

Cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onions and a homemade type mayo/aioli.

Sometimes grilled mushrooms and onions instead.

I don't eat them often but when I do it is usually from here: http://www.redmillburgers.com/

There is a picture of the burger I like from them at the top of their website, one a tray with onion rings.

Gosh darn it, I think I am going there tomorrow. :D

I'm watching Man v. Food and Adam is eating a burger with what looks like everything but the kitchen sink. What do you like on yours? I'd do a poll, but I'm sure there are entirely too many options.

He eats some amazing things.:blink:

Oh, on mine I like cheese (don't much care what kind) mayo, onion, baby spinach, bacon, mushrooms and avacado. Alternately I also like them with mayo, mustard, pickles, baby spinach and tomato.

Baby spinach???? I've never seen that before.:001_huh:

On my burgers? Seriously, anything, and nothing.

100% grass fed beef burgers that dh cooks up. I make the buns from scratch.

I don't know that I've ever had them the same way twice, and it is always good. REALLLLLLY good. Esp. with crab salad on top. :D

He eats some amazing things.:blink:

Baby spinach???? I've never seen that before.:001_huh:

It is over there with the bagged spring mix and the like. I don't buy iceberg anymore so generally we have baby spinach or spring mix when lettuce is called for.

On my burgers? Seriously, anything, and nothing.

100% grass fed beef burgers that dh cooks up. I make the buns from scratch.

I don't know that I've ever had them the same way twice, and it is always good. REALLLLLLY good. Esp. with crab salad on top. :D

When you make your buns do you make enough for one meal or do you make enough for more then store the leftovers (freezer?)

I really want to make scratch buns, but for us the need for them is spontaneous or I have 10 minutes to get a meal on the table and it ends up being something in a bun.

Anything but beef! :lol:

I actually like the "stuff" more than the beef. That's why I like Red Robin (yummmm.) They will replace the beef burger with a chicken breast for any of their burgers.

When you make your buns do you make enough for one meal or do you make enough for more then store the leftovers (freezer?)

I really want to make scratch buns, but for us the need for them is spontaneous or I have 10 minutes to get a meal on the table and it ends up being something in a bun.

I haven't tried it yet, but this recipe says the buns can be frozen up to a month and thawed in 5-10 minutes on the grill (tented with foil) or in the oven. I'm also :bigear: to hear how anyone else has done it, because I would likely want them made in advance, too.

If we're making them at home ( grass-fed beef, no seasonings added except a bit of salt), then all I put on it is a slice of provalone and a slice of grilled vidalia/sweet onion.

I will admit I am a sucker for guacamole and american cheese on my burgers too.