Menu

Finished With Homeschooling, For Now....

My DD15 has been officially enrolled in Georgia Cyber Academy. It's an online public school that uses K12 curriculum.

I'm sad, I have to say, but I think it's for the best for both of us, for now. My work schedule is just too crazy for me to continue to commit the time I need to properly homeschool her. Plus (and I've posted about this before) our relationship, it seems, consists of me yelling at her to do the work she just didn't do. That's NOT what I envisioned.

Honestly, I don't know how much better this is going to be. She didn't do great with her online courses last year. She never did well when she went to a brick and mortal public school. The best she did was 8th grade, the first year of homeschooling, but I cannot dedicate that kind of time and effort anymore. My job (that I have to keep until I can possibly find a new one) simply doesn't allow it.

Please, please, please send positive thoughts and energy (and prayers, if that's what you do) my way. I'm desperate for her to find her way. I'm desperate for her to find some self-motivation and the confidence that comes from success. I'm desperate to find a way to make the "right" decisions regarding her education, whatever those may be. I just don't want to ruin her.

My DD15 has been officially enrolled in Georgia Cyber Academy. It's an online public school that uses K12 curriculum.

I'm sad, I have to say, but I think it's for the best for both of us, for now. My work schedule is just too crazy for me to continue to commit the time I need to properly homeschool her. Plus (and I've posted about this before) our relationship, it seems, consists of me yelling at her to do the work she just didn't do. That's NOT what I envisioned.

Honestly, I don't know how much better this is going to be. She didn't do great with her online courses last year. She never did well when she went to a brick and mortal public school. The best she did was 8th grade, the first year of homeschooling, but I cannot dedicate that kind of time and effort anymore. My job (that I have to keep until I can possibly find a new one) simply doesn't allow it.

Please, please, please send positive thoughts and energy (and prayers, if that's what you do) my way. I'm desperate for her to find her way. I'm desperate for her to find some self-motivation and the confidence that comes from success. I'm desperate to find a way to make the "right" decisions regarding her education, whatever those may be. I just don't want to ruin her.

Oh honey, I can relate on so many levels.:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: You are doing the best that you can right now on all fronts. I also think your dd might enjoy her experience with K12 significantly more than Keystone.

You are not ruining her. She is also responsible for her own choices.

Oh honey, I can relate on so many levels.:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: You are doing the best that you can right now on all fronts. I also think your dd might enjoy her experience with K12 significantly more than Keystone.

You are not ruining her. She is also responsible for her own choices.

Thank you for saying so! But...I struggle with it. On the one hand, yes....she chooses to be the way she is, and do (or not do) the things she does. On the other hand, as her mother, I have to believe it's because of something I have or have not done. I just don't know what that is.

She is SO much like her father it's scary. So, maybe he's just more influential than I am because his (lazy, excuse-making) don't require as much effort as mine. I just want so much more for her than she's setting her life up to be. And at some point I guess i just have to realize that I can't make her want something she doesn't want. I can't make her care about something she just doesn't care about. It kills me, but I'm not sure what I can do about it.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words. I needed them. :-)