Menu

Facebook, is there a way to hide all posts without unfriending?

Maybe this is a wwyd also. I've said I'm not a huge fan of fb. I am starting to regret ever getting it, for various reasons, not just this one.

If you had a family member who was a friend on fb but just makes it clear by slights, attitude towards you, etc., that they really don't like you or your immediate family, but there are many other people surrounding that person who DO love you and yours and who would be offended if you "unfriended" this person, is there a way to just hide that person where you can't even see what they write anymore?

I'm just to a point that even seeing this person's status updates can sour my mood. They seem to just love every other family member EXCEPT for us, and even though I've made very many attempts at kindness and turning the other cheek, I just don't see it ever ending. This is a "child" who is an an adult now (so passing it off as childish behavior is over and done), and the history of dislike goes back from toddlerhood, if you can believe it!! This person has had some issues and hurts and I've tried to be as kind and supportive as I can be, praying, encouraging, but I'm just weary of the whole mess.

Edited by FiveOaksAcademy

Maybe this is a wwyd also. I've said I'm not a huge fan of fb. I am starting to regret ever getting it, for various reasons, not just this one.

If you had a family member who was a friend on fb but just makes it clear by slights, attitude towards you, etc., that they really don't like you or your immediate family, but there are many other people surrounding that person who DO love you and yours and who would be offended if you "unfriended" this person, is there a way to just hide that person where you can't even see what they write anymore?

I'm just to a point that even seeing this person's status updates can sour my mood. They seem to just love every other family member EXCEPT for us, and even though I've made very many attempts at kindness and turning the other cheek, I just don't see it ever ending. This is a "child" who is an an adult now (so passing it off as childish behavior is over and done), and the history of dislike goes back from toddlerhood, if you can believe it!! This person has had some issues and hurts and I've tried to be as kind and supportive as I can be, praying, encouraging, but I'm just weary of the whole mess.

Wow, you could be talking about my aunt (and anyone else she comes in contact with that she can try to influence.)