Menu

Salem witch trials video for 4th-9th graders?

Does such a thing exist? I'd like to find a video for my younger 3 boys to watch together and am hoping someone has a personal recommendation.

Thanks in advance!

:bigear:

The history channel did an "In search of" documentary on this topic. It's available on instant watch. I haven't seen it yet, but it is on our list for our 6th, 8th, and 9th grade boys.

Faith

The history channel did an "In search of" documentary on this topic. It's available on instant watch. I haven't seen it yet, but it is on our list for our 6th, 8th, and 9th grade boys.

Faith

Thanks, Faith! Please educate me on what "instant watch" is. I'm not media savvy! :tongue_smilie:

If you could find an older video of the Crucible, that might be good. Don't get the movie from the early 90s-not appropriate! The play itself would be great. There has to be a video production somewhere.

Thanks, Chepyl! I'll look into those at my library.

Thought I'd throw this out there, too (though not sure about age level and you'll need to preview)

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/salem/

It's an interactive website: "Experience the 1692 Salem witch-hunt in a terrifying online trial: 'Are you a witch? How long have you been in the snare of the devil? Confess!'"

Thanks, Nance! That might make it come alive!