Menu

What is a good movie version of The Count of Monte Cristo?

IMO the best version is the most recent one with James Caviezel. I've watched it multiple times with my kids. We love it!

I enjoyed that one, too, but someone, somewhere, said it was NOT much like the book.

I don't care. It was a good movie.:001_smile:

]Would you say it (the most recent one with James Caviezel) follows the book pretty well?

Completely opposite ending from the book. However, as a movie, it was enjoyable, if rather predictable and Hollywood-esque. :)

Edited by Lori D.

My favorite? Richard Chamberlain!!:w00t: It was a made-for-TV special that came out while I was in high school (1975). Good cast: Trevor Howard; Louis Jourdan; Donald Pleasance; Tony Curtis.

Having never completed the book, I don't know about the accuracy of sticking to the book, but I sure like the movie!

My favorite? Richard Chamberlain!!:w00t: It was a made-for-TV special that came out while I was in high school (1975). Good cast: Trevor Howard; Louis Jourdan; Donald Pleasance; Tony Curtis.

Having never completed the book, I don't know about the accuracy of sticking to the book, but I sure like the movie!

I loved that one too!!!! I seem to remember it stuck pretty closely to the book and RC is the cutest thang!!!! We had read it that year in school and I remember we were all quite satisfied with it.

Another thumbs up for the Richard Chamberlain version. I watched it again and again and again when I was in High School. I've had difficulty locating a copy though.......

There are a number of them for sale on eBay; also Amazon.

(Richard Chamberlain also did a nice job in The Man in the Iron Mask, though again, since I haven't finished the book, I don't know how well it keeps to the story.)