Menu

Do you like BJ English 3 and 4 DVD's?

apple4

We've done 3rd grade and are about to do 6th and K5. I like their english the best of all their courses - well except reading. Reading with Mrs. Walker is the bomb!! Anyway...if you go with the dvd's then I recommend spending some time with your child on the writing chapters. You might not need to do that but I found that I needed to. The classes are great so we will watch them but I will watch with him quite a bit so that I can help with the follow up writing he needs to do. I have no complaints at all.

HTH!

I'm using BJU English grade 2 online with my DD this year. She's a 3rd grader but after doing much research last year, I have read many times that it's advanced in the writing portion for a 2nd grader. I'm glad I did this because I think it's perfect for her level. I much prefer WWE I for my 2nd graders.

We really like it. The lesson is only 15 mins long and then she does her assigned pages from the worktext.

I just personally don't think a 2nd grader needs to know the concepts it teaches. I'm glad I decided to do the 2nd grade class now that she's a 3rd grader. That's just my opinion though.:)

Do you think the DVD's are worth the money? Amy

I use the online version and not the dvd's. I don't want to have to keep up with more "stuff" so I prefer the online. I do think it's worth it for the particular classes we have chosen to use. I like to watch the lessons with my DD and then work with her afterwards. I just prefer the way the teacher presents the information vs. me trying to figure out how to explain.:)

we love bju english. this will be our first year incorporating the dvd's for 4th grade (in the past, we've only used the texts - and those were great too!). i've purchased & reviewed the dvd's though and love them. i plan to switch my son over in grade 3 to BJU english as well, and most likely, i'll buy the dvd's for that level too.:) hth