Menu

nurse looking for an online rn to bsn program

Guest SharWhit

Guest SharWhit

My oldest daughter and I are getting ready to go back to school for our bachelors of science in nursing and wanted to see if you have any info on the following schools. If so can you tell me your experiences?

Western Governors University

Sacred Heart University's online Bachelor of Science in Nursing

Drexel University

Capella Univ

Jacksonville University

Any key information we should know would be very helpful, thank you.

Guest SharWhit

I am seeking advice on rn to bsn programs and am updating my post with the research that I have done.

After speaking with WGU, I am not interested in this school.

I am still very interested to hear what people have to say about Jacksonville University and Drexel University

I also have another school that I found that I may be interested in but again I was hoping to find a member here who has some stories.

Breckinridge Nursing – I am not really sure a technical school would be the ideal way to go with this career, but I am open to your thoughts.

If you are reading this post and know anything about the schools above please enlighten me and share you story.

I have no experience with any of the schools you listed, but several friends and acquaintances have used NSULA (Northwestern State University of Louisiana) and liked it a lot. My DH attended the brick-and-mortar school, a friend did her BA entirely online, and my best friend did a combination.

Here is a link to their RN to BSN page.

have you looked at East Carolina University in NC. They have a super reputation of putting out great nurses and they also have great masters programs in nursing with lots of concentrations to choose from, if you want to go that route later. The department chairman is one of the leading nursing educators in the country and is considered an expert on nursing practice. She sits on the NC board of Nursing and does a lot of consults for legal malpractice. She was my instructor when she was first starting out and was wonderful then. Shortly thereafter she became my colleague. It is a fully online program.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SharWhit

I can’t thank everyone enough for helping me out with this.

I took a look at all the BSN schools everyone suggested but after an open house I attended for the accelerated rn to bsn online from Unitek College it turned out to be very informational and I enrolled the next day and already started taking classes. I love the fact that I can do this on my own time, it’s much easier for me to learn this way.

ChiMomNP - 8 months wow, you must have really worked hard! Nice job! What benefits did you notice after you graduated?

FlockOfSillies – how does your brother like the LVN to BSN? When does he think he will finish?

I would love to hear from more nurses that have the BSN already. :001_smile:

• 5 months later...
Guest BiancaJo
I did my RN-BSN through Chamberlain College of Nursing. It took me 8 months. It was a fantastic program! It completely prepared me for graduate school. I still rely heavily on what I learned in that program in my doctorate program.

Give them a look:

http://www.chamberlain.edu

Good luck!

If you're still looking, there's now tuition discount for hispanic nurses at Chamberlain College for RN->BSN and BSN->MSN programs. You have to be a NAHN member though.

If Jacksonville Univ is the one in Jacksonville, FL, their reputation is not very good according to student reviews who claim they are a for profit factory.

Jacksonville State University is good, I graduated from their and my borther is in the program now.

Indiana State has a good rep too.

I would look for something accredited and most improtantly one that your local hospitals will hire from. Ask around. Hopsitals are biased towards certain local schools and this can affect your ability to get hired if you're not already working as a nurse.

• 1 month later...
Guest janealonson

Since you are in the process of selecting schools for your RN-to-BSN program, I have a recommendation as well. It’s Stevens-Henager College. Their Bachelor’s in Nursing degree is a completion program designed for registered nurses returning to school. The advantage with this program is that you can take classes online if you so wish and earn your degree in just 20 months! I would recommend going through their website for more details on the program.