Menu

glass microwave popcorn popper - anyone use one of these?

I just saw this http://www.ltdcommodities.com/Housewares-%2B-Dining/Tools%2B%252B%2BGadgets/Glass-Popcorn-Popper/prod320105.jmp?navAction=jump&fm=search# in a magazine. If it works, it would solve our popcorn problem.

My 9yo likes to make his own microwave popcorn. I really don't want to be buying micro popcorn (I hate the waste-bags, plastic wrappers, plus the extra 'stuff' they put in those bags. However he's still not a fan of the stove top popcorn. And of course he wants to make it himself.

So if this actually worked, it would be a great christmas present for him.

Thoughts please?

And I can't believe I'm already thinking christmas presents!

I like it!

We've owned several of the hot air poppers and they broke within months of use... I'm too cheap to buy another one.

I did see an awesome handcrank, stovetop one at a fancy kitchen store that I would love to own. It was more than 14.95 :(

We make popcorn nearly everyday on our stove top. I use a small Revere Ware pan, one serving at a time. We use (organic) coconut oil to pop the popcorn, then slather it on with butter and parmesan cheese! It is sooo good. My son has to eat a lot of fat in his diet, so this was ordered by our dietitian!

Anything stove top is out because I don't want him doing that, and he wouldn't do it on the stove anyway. But I've seen that hand crank one! It is nice!

I don't want a hot air popper since it takes up more space, I hate the sound and we only need one serving at a time.

As for the paper bags, one of my problems with micro pop corn is the bag waste. I want something that is re-usable, not disposable.

I'm thinking this, plus some good popcorn would be a nice little gift.

As for popcorn, when we were touring a chocolate store with home made chocolate, they had white chocolate covered popcorn. It was incredible! But I asked her why popcorn bought with chocolate or flavors or just fancy always seems to be bigger, and rounder. She told me it was a special kind of popcorn. A 'mushroom' kernal that opens up and has a fuller, bigger corn part to it and less of the brown outer kernal cover. Unfortunately she said it was usually only sold to stores and only in very big bags. But if I could find that, it was really, really good!

They ALL make noise. That's the sound of corn popping!

HMMMPH!!! ::KungfuPanda takes her beloved hot air popper and stomps off to make a single serving of popcorn:: :lol:

HA! No, I don't mind the corn pop sound. But I hate the fan blowing sound. But I also hate hair dryers and leaf blowers.

:lurk5: