Menu

Concerning Interface Changes

:( I'm feeling quite frowny about the change to the interface in hybrid and threaded modes. I read my forums in hybrid mode and use the thread at the top of the page to find new posts to the thread. With the longer post snippets at the top section, there is no longer any scroll bar- it disappears off the far side of the page. This makes the top section useless. In this case, I lose the benefit of hybrid mode because I then have to read every single post to find out what's new.

Please reduce the length of the portion of the reply that shows in the threaded section.

Thanks for all your hard work in getting this new forum software up! I really do like the change over the other board software.

The keyboard arrows will substitute for the scroll bar- after I make sure to click on the thread box so the arrow keys make the thread box scroll, not the whole page. But since I don't use a separate mouse- I only have the track pad on my laptop- that means that I now must use my left hand to operate the track pad and the right hand to operate the arrow keys. The distance between the track pad and the arrow keys is about 3.5 inches, which is too wide for operating the track pad with two fingers and using my pinky to operate the arrow keys. So, that idea doesn't really solve the problem.