Menu

If you had 17 kids, what would their names be?

I like the look of Geordie, but I don't know how to pronounce it. How do you say it?

Jordy would be another way to spell it.....pronounced like Georgie but with a d.

I know someone with that name- have no idea how he spells it though...but in my mind, it is with a G :)

Tried to post this last night but the forum went down - or my computer didn't want to access the site - I wasn't putting that much work in it not to post LOL

Girls:

Elisabeth Alice (the one I have!!!!) ~ nn Ellie

Hannah Fiona

Charlotte Lucille ~ nn Lottie

Victoria Jane ~ nn Rory

Bridgett Granuaile

Cordelia Maeve

Josephine Wynne

Eleanor Violet ~ nn Nora

Audrey Claire

Boys:

Jasper Simon

Benjamin Louis ~ nn Ben

Wesley Quinn ~ nn Wes

Gilbert Theodore

Laurence Timothy ~ NN Laurie (could I get away with it?)

Geoffrey Linus ~ nn Geof

Edmund Oliver

Phineas Brandt

Edited by piraterose

Ooooo, I love this game!

If I didn't have to compromise with anyone...

Girls

Lavinia

Minerva (My favorite guilty pleasure name that I would probably chicken out on actually using. nn Minny)

Winifred

Joan

Millicent

Esther

Miriam

Matilda (nn Tilly)

Vera

Harriet (nn Hattie)

Boys

Gilbert

Walter (nn Walt)

Calvin (nn Cal)

Arthur (Already have this one :) )

Gideon

Theodore (nn Ted)

Edwin

Edited by Annie

Seriously. We had the worst time naming the boys. Finding names that were not on the top 10 list for the past decade and also didn't match or create a weird pair was :svengo:

My husband really wanted Aidan. We went round and round on a second name and ended up with Quinn. Well, you just can't go around calling Aidan Quinn, now can you? (And, of course, Aidan is one of the most popular names in their age group, so Holden worked out better all around)

I love Holden! I didn't want matchy, but wanted them to sound good together, plus I wanted my older DS's name to go well. It was brutal!:lol:

Well, I already sort of did this in another thread, but I'll try again, because I didn't manage to name all 17:

(The four I've actually named:)

1. Kyla Grace

2. Collin William

3. Lydia Clare (who died at birth :angelsad2:)

4. Mason Christian

After that:

Girls:

5. Evelyn May

6. Julia Faith

7. Georgia Carol

8. Maggie (Margaret) Faith

9. Leah Rose

10. Johanna something

11. Annaliese (might be spelling that wrong, LOL)

12. Lucia

Boys:

13. Drew Garrison

14. Silas Knight

15. Rowan James

16. Zander something

17. Jonas

The glitches are making me crazy!

My 17 would be

Benjamin

Leah

Trenton

Robert

James/Jay

Nancy

Elizabeth

Daniel

Lewis

Sarah

Kate

Alexander

Christopher

Paul

Vivian

Gladys

Timothy

Edited by Dobela
glitches and toddlers

I had serious trouble after I got to ten. And it would be even worse in real life because this list has some names my husband rejected.

Girls:

Alexandra (really exists)

Avery

Anya

Rachel

Genevieve

Sarah

Katherine

Charlotte

Boys:

Colin (really exists)

Brennan

Stephen

James

Christopher

Xavier

Zachary

Oliver

Kyle

I have six already:

Tyler (girl)

Hayden

Greyson

Isaac

Arwyn

Edward

Arwyn, Hayden & Greyson are favorite names of mine so I'm only going to pick 14 more.

Edwin (instead of Edward)

Piper

Canyon

Tiernan

Lyndon

Tennyson

Stone

Violet

Quinn

Lakin

Shade

Langston

Tyson

Ocean

All of the above are names that I argued strongly for ;)

Edited by krisperry

Okay, let's see if I can come up with 16 more names. I'll split them in half and do 8 of each

Girls:

Margaret Mary

Bridget Catherine

Abigail Rose

Tessa Caitlyn

Karen Elaina

Julia Blyth

Diane Elise

Phoebe Lenora

Boys:

Raymond Alex

Jonathan (Jack) Prescott

Vincent (Vinny) Grant

Paul Flynn

Michael Neil

Sullivan Taggart

Kenneth Angus

Royce Scott

I just spent way too much time thinking about this. Of my four kids I only got to name one; Elias. My husband named our other son Isaac, and our girls, Hamda and Shkuri, came to us with their names in place.

1. Seija (pronounced Say-yeah, it's Finnish)

2. India

3. Honor

4. Eliza

5. Rhys

6. Marianne

7. Caleb

8. Micah

9. Alix

10. Sloan

11. Will

12. Lena

13. Jack

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:001_huh:

17? After the 4 I already have?

I'll start with my own children:

Elizabeth

Jonathan

Matthew

Kathryn

Then keep going, eh?

Again

Not Again

Really

This One

That One

That One Over There

The Other One

Yet Another One

Are We Done Yet

Don't Touch Me Anymore

I Mean It

Seriously

I Quit

:D

Oh, I so want to play, but I am having a difficult time.

Ideally, boys’ first names should be found or derived from a name found in both the Bible and the Koran that is recognized as a name in Iran, because they need to have a name that my in-laws, who don’t speak English recognize as a name. Because of this, I would also have considered some flat out Persian names that I really liked even if it doesn’t have an equivalent in the Bible or Koran. When given to my dh’s parents it would always be pronounced as it would be in Iran even if we pronounced it differently here. But especially since nicknames are important to me- the #1 must: boys’ first names must be able to be shortened to a one syllable nickname that is accepted as a name in the US. In America shorter names sound stronger.

Middle names must be two syllables and the second syllable must end in a shwa-n.

I haven’t given as much thought to girls’ names, because I don’t have any. I like longer first names and probably wouldn’t stick with finding them in the Bible and the Koran. However, I would like to continue with the shwa-n middle names.

I already have 3 kids, so let’s see if I can come up with 14 more. The boys’ middle names are pretty interchangeable.

10 More Boys

Cyrus Jason (CJ or Cy)

Sam Preston (Sam)

Jacob Declan (Jake) -Yacub in Farsi

Joseph Dalton (Joe) -Yousef in Farsi

Bizhan Gavin (Sean) –In Farsi prounouced Bee-zsean- like bee with the name Sean after it except Sean has a slight buzz to the beginning. It’s not a full z or an sh, but something between.

David Justin (Dave) –Davood in Farsi David Winston is better. I don't like the initials DJ.

Sulaiman Langston (Saul) –Solomon in English, but for some reason I like the Farsi

Jahan Byron (John) –In Farsi pronounced almost like John, but with a slight pause in the middle

Rahim Jordan (Ray) –pronounced Rah- eem. This is dh’s grandfather’s name. Rahim Ethan is better. It gives more clue as to gender.

Rostam Lachlan (Ross) –pronounced Rah- stahm

4 Girls

Malakeh Megan (pronounced ma-lu-kay, it reminds me of Makayla and is my MIL’s name. Megan is an amalgam of my maiden initials and my mom’s middle name. I would probably call her KayKay when she was little and switch to Malakeh as she became school age.)

Marzieh Lauren (pronounced mar-zEE-ay. It is obviously Persian, but my mom almost named me Martha after her grandmother and this name sort of reminds me of Martha. She would have called be Marti or Marcy. This name definitely reminds me of those nicknames. Laura and Lawrence are both family names on my side. Lawrence has been used for both boys and girls. I would call her Marcy.)

Parisa Ellyn (pronounced pah- rEE- sah with the emphasis on the second syllable. Perry is a family name on my side, but it has always been used for boys. I am not aware of the name Ellen/ Ellyn in my family but there are a number of us with Lynn, Eileen, and Elizabeth as middle names. I would call her Perry.)

Leila Gillian (pronounced lay-lu. Familiar to Americans, thank you Eric Clapton. She would be my youngest and I would call her Leila, my little jilly-bean.)

Now I am going to go play with my pretend brood :D-

Mandy

Wanted to add that my dh would be delighted with any of these names... unfortunately he doesn't want any more kids!

Edited by Mandy in TN
to change a couple

Well, I have my three:

Ari

Milo

August/Gus

And then there's my wasteland of unused girl names:

Susanna

Delia

Rosalie

Maisie

what else? Since DH doesn't get a say, we can put in the names he's rejected:

Ezra

Evangeline

Declan

And then boy names that didn't get used:

Jasper

Henry/Hank

Owen

Jonah

I think I need more girls:

Hazel

Matilda

Sorrel

there!

David Justin (Dave) –Davood in Farsi

Rahim Jordan (Ray) –pronounced Rah- eem. This is dh’s grandfather’s name.

This is harder than I thought. I just realized that poor Dave's initials are DJ and I don't like that. Also, for someone unfamiliar with Persian names Rahim Jordan doesn't give enough of a clue as to gender.

Maybe-

David Winston

Rahim Ethan

Thaddeus Paul

I used to know a Thaddeus. My room mate and I used to say he had the looks of a greek god to go with his name :D Though we all called him Thad not by his full name

ETA yes I know there is no greek god naemd Thaddeus, we were 18 yrs old and thought he was gorgeous, it was close enough for us :lol:

Edited by swellmomma

Well I already used up 3 of my names naming 3 out of 4 kids. So the remaining names would be

Already have

Austin

Hunter

Isabelle

Girls:

Rebecca

Grace

Robyn

Lily-Ann

Laurel

Suzanne

Boys:

Xavier

Colton

Declan

Matthew

William

Okay I could only think of 14 that I have always wanted to use. I would have to actually think about and search out names for the last 3

Current children:

Elizabeth

Owen

Claire

Ian

Other choices (if dh didn't get a say and I didn't have to follow our normal rules):

Charlotte

Bridgette

Molly

Sophia

Emma

Lucy

Natalie

Daniel

James

Alexander

Andrew

Benjamin

Carl

None of those boy names will every be used but we might use a name or two from the girl list.

Let's see:

1. Nicholas Jay

2. Rebecka Ailidh

3. Matthew William

4. Charlotte Amelia

5. Andrew Skye

6. Evanna Rose

7. Jonathan Ray

8. Samantha Claire

9. Christopher James

10. Melody Jasmine

11. Carson Russell

12. Aurelia Caroline

13. Daniel Sean

14. Alyssa Sara

15. Stephen Paul

16. Catharine Elizabeth

17. Theodore Endley (The End)

Some are family-related and others are names I like/d a lot. They may or may not be choices for future children, if any.

I only get on sporatically Could someone please share those 17 names with me? I've searched and her tagline has been pulled. I am not the nosy type, but I'm really curious.

On to the op's question. We have 9 in our home, so I'll just add enough names to bring our total to 17.

Stella (I tried to get dh to agree to name our last little one this, but he kept screaming STELLA from Fiddler on the Roof. :glare: i've never seen the movie, but I still love the name!)

Winston Aristotle- No, I am not kidding

Harrison

Penelope

Olivia Grace

Emma (We have an Emily and a Grace, but with 17 you can recycle, right?!)

Anne

Katie

Oh, fun! I really want to name some girls. I have two boys. We got two cats which are girls, but they came with names and it just didn't seem right to change them.

Okay, so here's my list:

Charlotte

Amaya

Greta

Lydia

Olivia

edit: I forgot to do 17 because I was just excited to get to pick out girls names. I'm adding:

Phoebe

Iona

I'll have to think to come up with 10 more!

I'm sure there's more. I used to think we might have more kids and I would dream up all these names I liked. I like Rose as a middle name for most of the above.

Edited by woolybear
Forgot something

Stella (I tried to get dh to agree to name our last little one this, but he kept screaming STELLA from Fiddler on the Roof. :glare: i've never seen the movie, but I still love the name!)

It's actually A Streetcar Named Desire. (dd is named Stella and we've had many people yell her name when they meet her :lol:)

Well, I don't have 17 names (who can come up with that many-that don't start with a J, that is ;) ) but when dh and I were newly married, people kept asking us when we were having children (turns out it was 7 years). It got tiring so we came up with random "unusual" names and swore up and down we were going to use them when we finally did have children. People thought we were nuts, but they stopped asking. Here are the names I remember:

Thunder

Thor

Topanga

Bemis (Bee-miss)

Fredrigal (boy or girl!)

Sleuth

Lightening (you know, in case Thunder had a twin)

I love thinking of names...why, I dont know! Glad to see that others do too. Here's a few...

Greyson

Natalie

Sawyer

Nadia

Wyatt

Kate

Robin

Michael

Ava

Liam

Reed

Landen

Eli

Leah

Rider

Owen

Aurora(I liked this years ago)

Fisher(since I have a Hunter)

Nina

I like one syllable middle names, but it would take way too much time to pair them up with the names I have listed, so Ill just name a few....

Bri (my daughter's middle name)

Grace

Rose

Leigh

Kate

Lee

After the first few births, I'd have lost my mental faculties, so I might have been inspired by my new antianxiety or psych med which would have been added to my stash each year....so perhaps, "Xanax Amanda", "Wellbutrin Reid", "Paxil Diane", "Buspar Jean", "Valium Luke", "Haldol Grace", etc. and, baby seventeen would have been, "Tubal Ligation Jones."

:lol:

Love it!

Between my SO and I we have six boys and one girl taken care of...Cody, Dalton, Anthony, Christopher, Vernon, Baby Goblin King (not his real name btw), and Sabrina...

Names we are considering for future offspring...Hattie Mae, Gypsy, Alessandra, Vlad, Victor, Isaac, Summer...Wow...I know we have other names...Hmmm three more...I like Ethel, Hazel and Bernice...Oh and we have discussed Zeus, Plato and Socrates for boys names as well...Aristotle is one of my boy's middle name...

We are all over the place for names as you can tell...Some are more popular, some are older and some are a bit unique...Oh and this doesn't include middle names...I could be here awhile trying to think of middle names as well...

This appeals to my need for sibling names to be similar in some fundamental way. I already have some of these.

Boys:

1. Peregrine

2. Jasper

3. Hawken

4. Rowan

5. Meriwether

6. Sterling

7. Drake

8. August

9. Robin

Girls:

10. Violet

11. Summer

12. Ruby

13. Luna

14. Felicity

15. Juniper

16. Ivy

17. Melody

I would spend way too much time on this if I gave them all middle names, too. I am supposed to be writing IHIPs. It is nice not to have to negotiate with another parent about it, though.

Edited by dragons in the flower bed

It's so much easier without having to discuss my choices with dh! :D

My imaginary children, in no particular order:

Helena

Maria

Naomi

Deborah

Rebecca

Elise

Bethany

Leah

Sonia

Colin

Micah

Seth

Luke

Ethan

Abel

Jadon

Simon

I don't like uneven numbers so I am going with 18 instead?

I already have....

Celena "CC" Carol

Nathan Chtistopher

Annabelle "Annie" Scarlett

Evangeline "Evie Hope

Zeke Wilson

Elsa "Ellie" Rosalie

Then I would add

Beaudry "Beau" Robert

Jasper Jameson

Seigan Charles

Wyatt Quinn

Ramsey "Sam" Andrew

Julietta Sarah "Etta"

Calliope "Callie" Joy

Georgia Mae

Thessaly "Tess" Kate

Esme Magdelene

Ruby Genevieve

Josephine "Josie" Louisa

All of my kids real and imagined have at least one family name.

Edited by kahlanne
added number 18

I think I need a glass of wine before I can handle that thought!

ETA: I can't believe I forgot Julian! I really like that name! Guess I would have to have that 18th imaginary child :lol:

:lol: My thoughts exactly.

Okay, if I had 17 children:

1. Marielle

2. Jordan

3. Roman

4. Teresa

5. Elsa

6. Maximus (my husband likes this name! May as well indulge him if I had that many lol)

7. Brandon

8. Charles

9. Carolyn

10.Mandy

11. Joseph

12. Angeline

13. Rodrigo

14. Sienna

15. Logan

16. Karina

17. Natasha

Edited by sagira