Menu

I would like to ask for prayers, positive thoughts, etc.

Dh and I are leaving the country tomorrow in the wee hours to drive up to Canada to pick up our three youngest sons (17, 15, 14) who spend their summers canoeing in the wilderness. We haven't heard from ds (22) for a week. He is stationed in Afghanistan (USMC) and we knew he was leaving for a different base last week in a "not so good" area.

Cell phones don't work where we are going, so I'm hoping he'll get back to the main base and post something on Facebook. Soon. The island we'll be on, in Lake Temagami, Ontario, has no electricity, but when they run the generator we get wifi, so I can check Facebook to see if he's posted anything.

If you wouldn't mind praying or thinking positive thoughts for his safety and for dh's and my peace of mind I'd appreciate it very much. The latest news from Afghanistan has had me very shaken (and dh, too, though he's trying to be upbeat for me...I can tell). I am so sad for the families of the men lost this weekend. :(

Thank you all.

Dh and I are leaving the country tomorrow in the wee hours to drive up to Canada to pick up our three youngest sons (17, 15, 14) who spend their summers canoeing in the wilderness. We haven't heard from ds (22) for a week. He is stationed in Afghanistan (USMC) and we knew he was leaving for a different base last week in a "not so good" area.

Cell phones don't work where we are going, so I'm hoping he'll get back to the main base and post something on Facebook. Soon. The island we'll be on, in Lake Temagami, Ontario, has no electricity, but when they run the generator we get wifi, so I can check Facebook to see if he's posted anything.

If you wouldn't mind praying or thinking positive thoughts for his safety and for dh's and my peace of mind I'd appreciate it very much. The latest news from Afghanistan has had me very shaken (and dh, too, though he's trying to be upbeat for me...I can tell). I am so sad for the families of the men lost this weekend. :(

Thank you all.

You got it! Prayers and lots of them.

Faith

Praying your son will be able to get in touch with you. I have been praying for the families who lost loved ones...this hit way too close to home for me as well. My brother is in Iraq at the moment and due home in 5 weeks. It seems the closer it gets to his homecoming, the more frightened we get for his safety.

We are in Canada now...I logged onto FB and had a message from my son! He is ok. Two of his friends in another group are on their way home...they hit an ied, but he says they will be ok.

Thank you for your prayers. I feel so much better...it had been 9 days since we'd heard anything. Now maybe I can relax a bit and enjoy seeing my younger three sons tomorrow (it's been 6 weeks since we've seen them).

You guys are the best. :001_smile:

We are in Canada now...I logged onto FB and had a message from my son! He is ok. Two of his friends in another group are on their way home...they hit an ied, but he says they will be ok.

Thank you for your prayers. I feel so much better...it had been 9 days since we'd heard anything. Now maybe I can relax a bit and enjoy seeing my younger three sons tomorrow (it's been 6 weeks since we've seen them).

I hope you are having a joyous reunion....and praying God watches over your son. I am so happy you heard from your son. Enjoy your younger 3.

Faithe

I just saw this. So happy for you! I'm glad you can now enjoy your time with your family! :001_smile:

I'm so happy you were able to hear from him.

:grouphug:prayers:grouphug:

I'm so glad to hear this! I've been checking in hoping for good news. Whew! :grouphug: