Menu

Not Back To School Ideas

I asked this last week & got a few ideas. If you click on my name & view all my posts, you can find it.

We started school on Wednesday, and made the day slightly special by having their favorite treat foods - sweet cereal for breakfast and ramen noodle cups for lunch. :D

But for the actual day that public school goes back (the day after Labor Day), we've planned a beach outing with other homeschooling friends. I think it will be a lot of fun!

Normally we do it the day the public school kids go back to school (though we start weeks earlier), and go to the donut shop, then to the park or other public place that the school kids usually hang out in because then it's just us :)

This year, the boys are old enough, we may go do laser tag!

We start our academic year the same day the local public schools begin so that my son is on the same schedule as his friends.

My son and I will have our usual first-day-of-school meeting where we go over the stack of materials he will use that year and make sure we're on the same in terms of expectations. We'll do some reading over breakfast and have a fairly normal morning of schoolwork.

After that, though, I'm going to take him to lunch and then do a little shopping. For one class, he needs some kind of journal. So, I'll take him to Office Max and let him pick out one. Then, we'll head to the bookstore where I will help him select a history spine.