Menu

How do you like to schedule Vocabulary Workshop AND

HappyGrace

are you finding good retention with this?

I know the program is great (used it in school) but we had to memorize for a test each Friday.

So I'm wondering if it would be better to stretch each unit out over two wks to allow more time for her to memorize definitions, or if people are having good retention doing a unit per wk. Thanks!

xpost

We actually don't use the workbooks but instead have used the website for its games and created spelling lists for it in SpellingCity (which also then creates additional games with the words). Being that we're starting with the first level (Purple), my oldest hasn't had any problems yet retaining the info. They're supposed to play games with the words throughout the week and then take a spelling test (on spellingcity) on Fridays.

We actually don't use the workbooks but instead have used the website for its games and created spelling lists for it in SpellingCity (which also then creates additional games with the words). Being that we're starting with the first level (Purple), my oldest hasn't had any problems yet retaining the info. They're supposed to play games with the words throughout the week and then take a spelling test (on spellingcity) on Fridays.

Gosh what a great idea - thanks!

I know it's probably not kosher to essentially lift their wordlist from the VW website, but I've spent so much on vocab already (EFTRU, Vocabulary Workshop, MCT's Building Language) that I couldn't justify buying another vocab workbook right now. Instead I decided to incorporate the VW lists into their spelling routine instead. So many of the SpellingCity's spelling games incorporate the words' meanings that I figure it constitutes both spelling & vocab review. I fully intend, however, to get the actual Sadlier Oxford workbooks at the higher levels, though.