Menu

Cornerstones of Freedom?

d.g.

My MIL picked up a huge stack of Cornerstones of Freedom books for $3 back in May, then gave them to me for DS. Since they weren't related to our SOTW 2 material, I put them away until I had more time to go through them. Well, I finally got around to investigating them the other day. There are 28 of them, and they're hardbacks with white covers. From the looks of them, they're older editions.

These books look like they'd be nice for our 3rd & 4th grade studies. At the same time, they take up a LOT of space in my 3rd/4th storage tub. Are they really that good? How have you used them? Are they better as read-alouds or to put in a book basket for supplemental reading? (DS is a strong reader, if that makes a difference.) I've been downsizing our book collections, but I don't want to get rid of these if they're really great or useful!

TIA!

My MIL picked up a huge stack of Cornerstones of Freedom books for $3 back in May, then gave them to me for DS. Since they weren't related to our SOTW 2 material, I put them away until I had more time to go through them. Well, I finally got around to investigating them the other day. There are 28 of them, and they're hardbacks with white covers. From the looks of them, they're older editions.

These books look like they'd be nice for our 3rd & 4th grade studies. At the same time, they take up a LOT of space in my 3rd/4th storage tub. Are they really that good? How have you used them? Are they better as read-alouds or to put in a book basket for supplemental reading? (DS is a strong reader, if that makes a difference.) I've been downsizing our book collections, but I don't want to get rid of these if they're really great or useful!

TIA!

They are excellent! Especially the older ones. They were recommened throughout the TQ AHYS guides and we checked ours out from the library. I would say they are definately keepers!

They are excellent! Especially the older ones. They were recommened throughout the TQ AHYS guides and we checked ours out from the library. I would say they are definately keepers!

Glad to hear they're that good. Thanks.

What are TQ AHYS guides, btw?

!

Keep them. Keep them. Keep them. Or if you really don't have the space, send them to me...:001_smile:

We have about 6 or 8 of these that we picked up used; my oldest especially loves these books. I just keep them on the shelf for reading whenever. I did add them in to our American history last year as supplemental reading.

ETA: I'm guessing the TQ AHYS guides are from Truth Quest.