Menu

Anyone heard of the book "Little Britches"?

Can I make a unit study recommendation?

Who's heard of the book "Little Britches"? Some have described it as the "Litttle House on the Prairie" for boys.

Check out this wonderful study guide to help make this classic book an even more rich unit study. It's printed on high quality paper, includes an awesome DVD & has THE most wonderful graphics. It's literally a feast for the eyes!

If you are looking for a good Christian unit study for Colorado History or the west this would be a good addition to your library.

I read it to my children many years ago, and we absolutely loved it. Good values. Great story.

:iagree:

Love love love the whole series. Recommended them to a friend, and her husband insisted they couldn't read them when he wasn't home -- he enjoyed them as much as his wife and kids. I had my husband read some of them to our boys (my boys liked the Little House books, too!). I've read the first book in the series several times and I always tear up at the end when Ralph's father dies (sort of a spoiler, sorry, but the next book in the series is called Man of the Family, so it's not exactly a secret!). I often think of how resourceful Ralph's mother is, a widow with many children, and how she never complains. Also, I feel more than a little envy for those pre-TV, pre-computer days. Some of the things he describes seem so incredible as to be almost impossible these days -- for example, on Christmas afternoon his mother reads the entire text of Dickens's "A Christmas Carol" (it always takes us days or weeks to get through it during the holidays!). Another thing the family does is act out Julius Caesar by Shakespeare all from memory, just to pass the time on an evening. Amazing.

• 2 weeks later...
I got to meet the author of the new study guide for it--it looks wonderful--only wish my boy wasn't so old. I grew up right in the same neighborhood--she's done all sorts of research about right where the ranch, etc. were located. We had grand fun figuring out where my childhood home was on her map--my parents are buried right close. I was so excited when I saw the guide, I convinced my neighbor to buy it!

She really had done years worth of research & work on this book. It's so pretty to look at too.