Menu

Who was president when you were born?

Who was president when you were born?  

1. 1. Who was president when you were born?

• William Clinton
    • George Bush Senior
    • Ronald Reagan
    • James Carter Jr.
    • Gerald Ford
    • Richard Nixon
    • Lyndon Johnson
    • John Kennedy
    • Dwight Eisenhower
    • Harry Truman

After reading the thread about what was the first major news event you remember I thought it would be fun to do one with a poll about who was president when you were born. For me I was born in 1983, and Ronald Reagan was president. The first presidential election I really remember was George Bush senior.

Dwight D.

However, as I oft say, the egg I came from (eggs develop in a woman when she is a fetus) came into being when Wilson was president.

So, who was president when your egg developed?

WHAT?!?!? :lol::lol::lol:

My dd says she was a "purple egg," and when explaining my honeymoon, after she said she went with us, I told her yes.... but she was still a purple egg when she went. :D

I always have to think about that, I was born in 60 so I tend to think Kennedy, but it was Eisenhower.

and interesting tidbit, I went to Eisenhower High School Brand new school, so of course we had Julie Nixon Eisenhower come for the dedication, while her dad was in office.

You mean Nixon. Nixon was president from 1969-1974.

I know, I know, many of us would like to forget the Nixon years, but we can't just pretend he didn't exist.

:lol:

Now, I was born in the LBJ years and I remember Nixon.

as a preteen I loved NIxon. I wrote him several times, have quite a bit of stuff from that time period from the White House. I also Wrote Ford the day he was inagurated and got a more "personalized" note, since they hadn't had time to get the presidental stationary done

Originally Posted by ~AprilMay~ viewpost.gif

...I had to laugh because the OP was 2 when I got married. :eek:

I was married in 1980, 3 years before she was born! :blink:

Sorry girls! I always seem to be the youngest around other moms, especially when my first was born. I'm getting close to 30 now and I still have that problem :lol:.

Sadly, I didn't know, and hadn't ever really thought about it.

I guessed right (and then googled it). I knew Kennedy was assassinated shortly after my parents were married, and I remember a weekly reader in K when I was 6 about Nixon (his re-election, I believe), so that left Lyndon B. Johnson.

LBJ.

The first Pres I "remember" was Nixon (due to Watergate). The first President I began to "follow" was Carter, because of the state of the country at the time, my parent's concerns, gas lines, hostages, and feeling confused.

The first president I remember was Carter. I was a first grader and he was president and so I thought he was wonderful (yay Kindy civics!). It was the election year and I remember chirpily asking my bus driver if she was going to vote for Carter and I was SHOCKED when she said "NO! I'm voting for Reagan." I marched home from the bus stop and told my mama breathlessly that my sweet bus driver was not voting for OUR PRESIDENT, could she believe that?! And my mom told me she was voting for Reagan too. So I remember the very day I first became politically aware and disillusioned. :lol:

"James Carter Jr." (who I see is called "Jimmy") … I've heard his name, but that's about it… looking at his wikipedia entry … peanut farmer? Ha. Cool! :D

I had to laugh at this…

Throughout his career, Carter strongly emphasized human rights. He took office during a period of international stagflation, which persisted throughout his term. The end of his presidential tenure was marked by the 1979–1981 Iran hostage crisis, the 1979 energy crisis, the Three Mile Island nuclear accident, the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan (at the end of 1979), and the 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens.

I hope the poor fella didn't get blamed for that volcano. :tongue_smilie: