Menu

S/O Michael's sale thread-which are better- Prismacolor Premier or Verithin

HappyGrace

You can buy individual prismacolor pencils too, so that's not an issue. The ones we have are the Premier. That's where I'd start with those ages. Those Verithins look like they're more specialty, for people doing sketching.

If you feel pressured or confused, take your time. Hobby Lobby has prismacolor stuff (pencils, watercolor, etc. etc.), and they put them on 50% sales as well as having the weekly coupons. So although the Michael's price might be a deal, it's not so astoundingly huge that you need to feel rushed.

My preference is for Premiere. :)

Because you've tried the Verithin and don't like them for their intended use? Or because they don't fit the age/stage of your kids? I want to do some sketching with my dd this year and was thinking those Verithins might be just the thing for adding color to her work. But that's sketching as opposed to Dover coloring books or science labs or the usual stuff. We like the regular Premiers for that just fine.

For very fine sketchwork, they're fine. I find the Premieres more flexible for a variety of uses, and the colors seem more vibrant for adding color to drawings. But yes, it's largely a matter of use. For most kids, I think the Premieres are a good choice. :)

So looks like Premier maybe for this age, since I can just buy one type. I'm SO glad to know there are other sales on these-we did just get a Hobby Lobby here so I won't feel rushed now! Do these sales generally beat online prices? Thank you!

Hunter-my dh is a painter and loves Wet Canvas! Thanks!