Menu

Well...THAT has never happened...

The kids normally swarm dh when he's leaving the house, but last night ds sat at the table & told dc & me that he wanted to pray for dh to have a good night--make plenty of $$. He's very serious & symbolic, if that makes sense, so he said, "Since it's his last night & all..." :lol:

Anyway, we prayed. Dh worked 14 hrs & made $50 again, but...

Dh has an old friend he sees about once every 1-3yrs. They used to be bfs, & still would be if not for...well, life, really. Good guy, no reason to float apart like we do, but they talk on the phone once in a while.

Dh called last night to let him know we were moving. Friend wasn't busy--was just about to call dh--so he rode around w/ dh while dh was making deliveries, & they got to talk for a while.

Friend had just received a small inheritance & felt like God told him to give it to us. Rent was due today, & the way dh's work has been, we couldn't have paid it. This was enough to a bit more than cover that.

I thought you guys should know.

The kids normally swarm dh when he's leaving the house, but last night ds sat at the table & told dc & me that he wanted to pray for dh to have a good night--make plenty of $$. He's very serious & symbolic, if that makes sense, so he said, "Since it's his last night & all..." :lol:

Dh has an old friend he sees about once every 1-3yrs. They used to be bfs, & still would be if not for...well, life, really. Good guy, no reason to float apart like we do, but they talk on the phone once in a while.

Dh called last night to let him know we were moving. Friend wasn't busy--was just about to call dh--so he rode around w/ dh while dh was making deliveries, & they got to talk for a while.

Friend had just received a small inheritance & felt like God told him to give it to us. Rent was due today, & the way dh's work has been, we couldn't have paid it. This was enough to a bit more than cover that.

God is good indeed!

:grouphug: You've had quite a lot going on lately! I love stories like this. May God grant you peace as you keep on keeping on.

Praise God! I sure hope you talk with the children about this. :grouphug: I think God is saying GO!

I try not to interpret *anything* as a word from God any more. It seems to leave to much room for doubt when things don't work out.

We talked to ds about it. It was a good morning--he'd gotten in trouble for something, & he took initiative & responsibility in fixing it which floored me. So when dh got home, I got to tell him in front of ds how well ds had handled his problem, & then dh told ds about his friend, & ds told dh about praying for him.

What did your son say when you told him? You guys prayed for provision and protection and God provided. He might not have, but this time He did. It's so awesome!!!:grouphug:

He's not a talker--he just smiled. He's always been that way w/ praying, though.

Recently, we had to go get a sono to see if we were having twins. Ds has accurately predicted the gender of all of our babies, often being the ONLY one who thought we'd have that gender. This time he was adamant that we were having b/g twins.

Since I'd told dh I wanted 4-6 kids when we got married, I'd kind-of always expected to have 4 on purpose & then #5 would be surprise twins. When we found out that it was just one boy, ds nearly cried. He felt like we'd lost one. Then he admitted that w/ the others, he'd *prayed* for whatever gender he predicted & this time, he forgot to pray. I don't know whether to put a laughy smiley here or a huggy one or what, but that kid is so much like his mother, he's at once easy & hard to parent. :lol: