Menu

When Do You Start? (Baby ?)

Newborn and 0-3 months clothes on hand were all summer season - it was 105 degrees the day dd was born.

This is my experience this time around too, only exactly opposite. You'd think with my third boy in a row, I'd have all the boy clothes I need. Nope. My other two boys were born in February and October, and they were big at birth, so all of my newborn clothes are winter (even the neutral ones from my shower before DD was born; she was born in March), and the smallest summer boy clothes I have are 6-9 months. I have plenty of summer clothes to fit a 9-pound newborn girl, but very little to fit the 8-pound newborn boy that popped out. MIL went shopping right away. :)

Hi Impish,

I learned my lesson after having my first to plan early! I was having a completely normal pregnancy until I went into preterm labor at 25 weeks. I was med-evaced to a city that is a 7 hour drive from our house, I had the clothes on my back and my purse. Luckily they were able to stop the labor but I was on hospital bedrest and was not able to return home for almost 2 months. All of the items I had my dh chose for me when he made a trip home to get our car and clothes.

My next pregnancy with my twins I knew I had to plan early since bedrest was most likely :tongue_smilie:. Unfortunately I went on bedrest at 18 weeks before I even knew the sex of the babies. I did a lot of on-line shopping, but I never really got to go to the stores and choose things. But this time I did pack my hospital bag early (22-23 weeks) filled with items I wanted :lol:.

Marisa

With our first father in law bought the carseat the day we brought DD home and I was glad she was a girl because the hand me downs I had were all girly.:lol: we did have some diapers, wipes, a crib and blankets, but because we didn't know what we were having and we were broke that was about it. Friends and relations were all waiting until she was born so they would know what to buy.

With younger DD we had most everything by 30-32 weeks but we knew we were having a girl and knew several people who had had babies in the previous year so we got alot of hand me down items. DS came only two years later so we still had all the big items from younger DD and we just needed diapers and some boy outfits.