Menu

Am I crazy?

So I've already been itching to start planning for NEXT year - as in, like, the 2012-2013 school year. I was completely done with this year (planning, purchasing, everything stocked and ready) by May. June rolled around and I found myself wanting to go ahead and do next year! :D

I have managed to give myself a timeline - when we take our fall break in Sept, I'll go through and start making lists of subjects/books and a basic plan of what we need. In Dec I'll make the final budget. Then I'll order all my stuff in March and do all the scheduling/planning when we have Spring Break (also in March).

So tell me, am I completely off my rocker? Has anyone else ever done this or had this 'problem'? :tongue_smilie:

Has anyone else ever done this or had this 'problem'?

Um...yes.

So tell me, am I completely off my rocker?

No. This is completely normal, rational behavior for a dedicated home schooling parent. At least, that is what I tell my husband.:D

Nah, not crazy. I'm done planning for this year. I've filled in our gaps with free and/or online resources, and only have RS C left to schedule once I scrape up the $$ to buy it (won't need it before Dec., so I have some time!)

I'm already roughly planning next year and the year after for my 7yo and 2yo. I use the excuse that it's necessary to plan so early on because I have to budget for it all, and who knows when I might miss a great deal because I wasn't certain of plans yet? :D

It's worked out so far. Despite having NO money to buy anything right now, we're set for 2nd grade, and I have enough materials to cover the absolute basics for 3rd/4th. I also have enough Pre-K, K, and 1st stuff that it's more a matter of what I have to leave out of my plans than what I want to include.

Planning ahead is just being wise.

*runs off to add something I forgot I owned to my 2012 schedule......*:D

I went to convention and looked for 2012-2013. We already start by the time our convention rolls around so I figured it wise to look ahead. My friend who just ordered all her stuff this last weekend said she wished she had looked at convention last year for this year so she could already be started by now. :)

We started this year in June, so we're already 6 weeks in (taking our first break next week). So of course, I had to research *something*, and I've got a spreadsheet with what I plan to use next year, complete with prices. ;) I won't BUY anything until next spring, because I could change my mind on something. But for now, I know mostly what I'm going to use, and I'm pretty excited about next year. Just gotta get through this year! :lol: (I have excitement for some things this year too, of course)

I love to plan, but I change my mind on things so often that I don't order anything until the last minute. We're in our first week now and school is going great. The girls are happy with some changes I've made from last year, but I won't know for sure that we're sticking with the changes until mid-year. I really get the planning bug around February.

Phew, glad i'm not the only one! This is my first year with all my kids and with a plan and I've been wondering whether I'm over planning right now!! Anyway I had our choices selected but then I started planning out our timeline, when would we finish this book, etc. So logically that took me to next year :) Doesn't it feel so nice having a plan! (Even if it changes next month) ?

I completely blame this forum for my overplanning problems!! :tongue_smilie:

I researched more this spring than all my other years combined. I also researched for next year some. And then when I was making our plans I rethought everything and researched some more and bought some more. And in that process I made plans for next year too. I guess it's good to know that I am not alone, but I do think we are all a bit crazy. :lol: