Menu

Verbal Job Offer

Dh just got off the phone w/ the courier co in Denver. The guy said he just lost 2 drivers & would be thrilled to put dh to work immediately. ETA: This is the same thing he's doing here, so the good news is just that we'll be able to move to a better climate for dh's health. He'll continue looking for a real job.

Truck prices are higher over the weekend, so we'll wait till Mon to get it (& give the rude people on Craig's List another weekend to pretend to buy our stuff) & leave early Tues AM (like 4AM, before the ozone has time to fully wake up).

This co, at a glance, looks a lot better than the one dh is working for now, although that barely matters at this point. Thank you all so much for listening & praying & not getting annoyed w/ all the bad news this week.

In a few minutes, I'm pretty sure I'm going to go cry. Whew.

ETA: Well, shoot--turns out dh was right about the guy who *totally* didn't follow through being a good guy. He's been in the hospital since Friday w/ heart trouble. He's fine, but I feel like a heel.

The other boss, though? He knew this guy was in the hospital & when dh asked about the guy, Bad Boss just said, "He's out till Weds." :glare:

I meant to mention that the "good guy" did call the co in CO after dh called them; accd to dh the job is a really-for-sure-sure-thing now.

Edited by Aubrey

If you need a place to crash when you get close to Denver (sometimes that last hour or so is a serious killer and you don't want to spend $$ on a motel) We are in Castle Rock and you are welcome to crash here. Just PM me for my phone #.

Lara

Oh my gosh, that is SO sweet. We've got friends in KS we're planning on spending the night with, so hopefully breaking it into 2 days will take care of that.

Mom's flipped to the other end of things, too, & wants to drive to KS to meet us. :confused: :lol:

I don't know where Castle Rock is, but hopefully it's close enough we can meet sometime.

Oh my gosh, that is SO sweet. We've got friends in KS we're planning on spending the night with, so hopefully breaking it into 2 days will take care of that.

Mom's flipped to the other end of things, too, & wants to drive to KS to meet us. :confused: :lol:

I don't know where Castle Rock is, but hopefully it's close enough we can meet sometime.

It's between Colorado Springs and Denver. I vote for a WTM party in Castle Rock after you get out here :001_smile:.

Just south of Denver, between Colorado Springs and Denver.

If you need a place to crash when you get close to Denver (sometimes that last hour or so is a serious killer and you don't want to spend $$ on a motel) We are in Castle Rock and you are welcome to crash here. Just PM me for my phone #.

Lara

Very very sweet of you.

:bigear: So happy things are looking up for you. Taking the leap of a big move isn't easy. I remember how scared I was when we moved here. And it's all been for the better, except for missing some good friends.

That's wonderful!!!!

Have dh send a thank you note right away--typed, professional, short, and casual. Something like, "I appreciated the opportunity to talk with you on [date]. I will definitely be in Colorado on [date] and look forward to connecting with you."

Then when you are in the truck, driving, have dh call again and leave a voicemail saying he's on the way and looks forward to connecting in person.

I'm glad it's working out for you, Aubrey!!!! :)

Aubrey,

Since we are local....what stuff do you have for sale on CL? Maybe we can help each other :) And I'll try not to be rude :)

Bunk beds, bookshelves, (overpriced because dh doesn't REALLY want to sell) dining table (but nobody's bothered to even be rude about THAT, lol), exercise bike, playhouse, fireplace stuff...I think those are the big things.

ETA: There's all the email/phone tag, please-hold-this-for-6mos stuff. That I can handle. One lady wanted to know if the bunk beds come w/ mattresses (they don't). She emailed back that she'd pay 30% less because of that. It was the *way* she said it. So I told her that my price was standard for bunk beds w/out mattresses (on CL, because that's where I BOUGHT them). WITH mattresses, it would be twice as much (& who wants to buy used mattresses anyway?) She emailed back to tell me a) she found some w/ mattresses at a thrift store for the same price I'm asking (they weren't bunk beds, though--it was a twin over futon which sells for about $30 on CL because nobody wants them!), & b) it's CL & I wouldn't get what I want. Maybe not, lady, but neither will you. Dh is sleep deprived & cranky, so he called it...well, never mind. No reason to put it in print. Basically a tax or upcharge for people like that. ;)

Edited by Aubrey

That's wonderful!!!!

Have dh send a thank you note right away--typed, professional, short, and casual. Something like, "I appreciated the opportunity to talk with you on [date]. I will definitely be in Colorado on [date] and look forward to connecting with you."

Then when you are in the truck, driving, have dh call again and leave a voicemail saying he's on the way and looks forward to connecting in person.

I'm glad it's working out for you, Aubrey!!!! :)

:iagree:

:party: Aubrey! WOO HOO!!!!

Ok, I'm sorta counting on the "things happen in threes" phenomenon.

Mergath's dh? CHECK!

Aubrey's dh? CHECK!

My dh. . . . . . ????? (please let me be next!)

:iagree::thumbup:Is your dh waiting to hear good news, Heather?

Sounds great, Aubrey! Hope to see you Saturday, but would you mind pm-ing me with an address?:001_smile: