Menu

Does this sound like a bad idea?

delaney

I have only one year under my belt with the girls and last year we did year 2 in history and a little bit of this and that in earth science. I just keep writing out plans and scenarios and then ripping them up!

My plan is to do this for the next 3 years (they are high functioning 2nd and 6th)

History-Classical House of learning American History 1 but veer off for the units that come up for Trail Guide POE. This will take over a year since we are doing the units from TG. So later in next year do CHOL American History 2 doing the same thing with the next level of TG. That should take us til the end of 3 years so that the oldest will be in 9th and ready to do SWB ancients. The others will drop back to SOTW 1.

For geography I was going to do TG US geo over the next 2 years.

Science-use BFSU volume 1 this year to get them into that frame of learning(supplementing with CPO and RS4K to read and do notes). Then next year do BFSU level 2 over the course of 2 years obviously beefing it up with extra resource for older DD. That will take her to 9th grade where I will do in depth topic studies(Bio, Chem, Physics, Life science)

I would simplify it somehow. Am I correct in that you are doing Tapestry of Grace with Classical House of Learning?

I would try not to plan out the next 3 years just yet. See how this year goes, if it works great, if not you may need to change. Life changes so much from year to year, plus you have 6 kids. Are the others all younger?

I would simplify it somehow. Am I correct in that you are doing Tapestry of Grace with Classical House of Learning?

I would try not to plan out the next 3 years just yet. See how this year goes, if it works great, if not you may need to change. Life changes so much from year to year, plus you have 6 kids. Are the others all younger?

No not using Tapestry this year. The older 2 are in PS and the youngers are 5 and 2 1/2. I know I shouldn't try and plan for 3 years but I kind of wanted direction. :tongue_smilie:

I'm not familiar with the Classical House of Learning history curriculum, but I thought the Trail Guide American History program was a three year program? Would you want to spend three years on American history but never cover modern American history? Perhaps you could use the TG series as your spine since it is already a three year program and supplement with the CHoL program? (I don't know if that would work, not having seen the second program - just throwing it out there.)