Menu

Fathers Day ideas?

Ok guys, if anyone has any really good ideas for father's day, please SHARE!!! My kids are still young, so I have to do all the thinking! I know its a ways away, but I may need that time to order something.....

My DH is great and I would really like to do/give something special, but I am coming up with NOTHING.

Any suggestions??

Get some craft paint in coordinating colors- one per child. Carefully paint the foot bottom on a child and place it as a stamp on some nice parchment paper. Dry. Get the next kid and do it with them on the same paper. Use the same foot on each child.

We did this 3 years ago. What an original keepsake! My husband proudly displays his at work and gets lots of comments.

A couple tips- Start with the oldest child (biggest foot). Fan the feet prints out from the heel as you get more prints. Make sure it is really dry before the next print. Also- make lots of pages so you can pick the best final one because there will be lots of mistakes and wierd imprints.

Have fun!

I asked my 17 year old to coordinate Father's Day the same way she coordinated Mother's Day.

At breakfast there was a shoebox on the table. On the lid there were instructions on when I was to open what. The box was filled with small packages, each bearing a number. I was opening presents all day long.

They were small, some from Dollar Tree, some homemade by the kids, but the presentation made them seem like so much more!!! (picture frame, painted flower pots, packages of seeds, a purse size sewing kit, a Reese's Peanut Butter cup, etc)

It was so sweet!!!

Ask him point blank what he wants, rather than guess.

Yes, yes, yes! I don't want stuff from my family, just their time and company (and maybe a nice meal). But if they insist on getting me stuff, I'd rather it be something I'll really use and enjoy. I really don't enjoy surprise gifts and always feel awful if someone - particularly a child - has spent money on something I'll never use.

But he always says "I don't need anything" and the children really, really WANT to give him gifts. They want to spend their money on him and they want to spend time making things.

And he won't answer the question of what he would like so we are left guessing.

How do YOU answer the question of what do you want for Father's Day?

LOL, believe me, I have tried this before, but just like Kelli in TN said, he just says he doesn't want anything. My dad is the same way. Darn men.:lol:

But there are some good ideas here, the everlasting gift box is good, so is the foot portrait. Thanks!

similar to foot print thing, but we made a T-shirt w/ footprints all over it. On the pocket on front it said "My Kids Walk All Over Me" and it had a poem on the back that still eeks a tear outta not-sentimental ME.

I really didn't expect him to wear it more than once-so-he-could-say-he-wore-it, but he wore it EVERYWHERE and got a lot of people stopping him so they could read the poem.

I need to do another one now that we have 5!

I let each kid pick a color of paint. This took a LONG time and you really need a second adult to help get tiny people's feet placed properly. Be sure to have a piece of cardboard or wax paper inside the t-shirt so paint doesn't run all the way thru to the other side.

I squirted paint on a plastic lid and they just stepped in the paint and then on the shirt.

For My Daddy

"Walk a little slower Daddy,"

said a child so small,

"I'm following in your footsteps

and I don't want to fall.

Sometimes your steps are very fast,

Sometimes they're hard to see;

So walk a little slower, Daddy,

For you are leading me.

Someday when I'm all grown up,

You're what I want to be;

Then I will have a little child