Menu

Well, he did it. *We* did it. ER has officially completed homeschooling...

Today was our last day of school. ER took his final test in College Algebra and turned in his last papers for his other subjects. I averaged his grades for this semester, and he had all A's. That means that he graduates high school with a 4.0 average. (He'd had a bit of trouble with a couple of chapters in college algebra, so we were thinking that might turn out to be his first B ever, but he made it! Whew!) We are all so very tired and burned out, and very much in need of our summer break!

Congratulations!! And-- Update on ER's scholarship you won the bid on from the fundraiser??

There's been no official word about the scholarship from the college -- neither "congratulations" nor "we're sorry, but...". We're going on the assumption that everything is proceeding as planned (with the scholarship) until we hear otherwise.

Oh, ok! I sometimes think about what on earth I'm going to do when homeschooling is done! I love it so much that I know it's going to be hard!

I actually enjoy choosing curriculum and making lesson plans -- even though it is sometimes SO frustrating! I've done it for so long now that I can't imagine what it will be like when both my dc have graduated. I'm thinking about the possibility of writing an integrated history & literature/writing curriculum that combines the best of TRISMS & TOG in a very user-friendly format.

Oh, ok! I sometimes think about what on earth I'm going to do when homeschooling is done! I love it so much that I know it's going to be hard!

Are we supposed to think about life after homeschooling;)? Some days my kids are under strict orders not to grow up, but many days, with a 13 yo in the house, I find myself looking for a break from raging horrormones (that's not a typo--dd coined this).

Are we supposed to think about life after homeschooling;)? Some days my kids are under strict orders not to grow up, but many days, with a 13 yo in the house, I find myself looking for a break from raging horrormones (that's not a typo--dd coined this).
:lol: My kids aren't obeying my orders NOT to grow up either! :tongue_smilie:

Yeah, some days--with a 17yo, a 14yo and a tween, life gets interesting! But really they're pretty good...

I think (to answer your first rhetorical question that you really didn't intend for me to answer:001_smile:) that I should stop thinking about life after homeschooling! I'll just have to deal with it when it gets here! sigh....

Guest Katia

Congratulations! We have finished up as well and dd has had all her graduation festivities.

Luckily for me, I still have one more dd at home. I, too, love all the curriculum and lesson planning and wonder what my life will be like when she graduates in two more years. :confused: