Menu

Rapunzel, hoomeschooling, and my little boy

We recently returned home from a lovely vacation in FL. Part Sarasota with my family, part Disney. My son was able to meet many characters, but there was one in particular that will be forever etched in our brains.

Upon meeting Rapunzel, when she went to make small talk as she signed the autograph book, my son opened up and said, "My grandma HATES that we homeschool. She thinks I won't be normal. But I keep telling her that you were homeschooled, and you turned out just fine!"

That poor girl was stunned for a moment! But she knelt down, hugged my boy, and said that he will turn out just fine.

It was so funny, and so sweet. And what made it sweeter is when we returned home, he ran to tell his grandma exactly what Rapunzel said. :lol:

We recently returned home from a lovely vacation in FL. Part Sarasota with my family, part Disney. My son was able to meet many characters, but there was one in particular that will be forever etched in our brains.

Upon meeting Rapunzel, when she went to make small talk as she signed the autograph book, my son opened up and said, "My grandma HATES that we homeschool. She thinks I won't be normal. But I keep telling her that you were homeschooled, and you turned out just fine!"

That poor girl was stunned for a moment! But she knelt down, hugged my boy, and said that he will turn out just fine.

It was so funny, and so sweet. And what made it sweeter is when we returned home, he ran to tell his grandma exactly what Rapunzel said. :lol:

:001_tt2: to Grandma and :hurray::lol: to your son!

Sounds exactly like the Rapunzel we had when we were there!!! So sweet!!! What did Flynn Rider do? Did he hear what your ds said?

I bet that woman who played Rapunzel goes home and tells everyone about it!

We didn't have Flynn! I actually didn't know they had a Flynn character! We caught her about 20 minutes after she started, so maybe he was still getting ready. But now *I'm* bummed! :lol: And actually, I'm curious to see how he looked, since everyone keeps saying my husband looks like him!

We didn't have Flynn! I actually didn't know they had a Flynn character! We caught her about 20 minutes after she started, so maybe he was still getting ready. But now *I'm* bummed! :lol: And actually, I'm curious to see how he looked, since everyone keeps saying my husband looks like him!

We lucked out! It was POURING rain when we were there. When it stopped, I found that I'd been waiting under an awning right where the Rapunzel line was. I was FIRST in line! Apparently her line is usually 1 - 2 hours long!!!

232323232%7Ffp53997%3Enu%3D3246%3E846%3E947%3EWSNRCG%3D354579%3A888329nu0mrj

Meg being led by Rapunzel herself to talk!

232323232%7Ffp5398%3B%3Enu%3D3246%3E846%3E947%3EWSNRCG%3D3545798778329nu0mrj

Meg having a serious discussion with Rapunzel and Flynn.

232323232%7Ffp5399%3A%3Enu%3D3246%3E846%3E947%3EWSNRCG%3D354579%3A88%3A329nu0mrj

More discussion!

232323232%7Ffp539%3C2%3Enu%3D3246%3E846%3E947%3EWSNRCG%3D354579%3A892329nu0mrj

I don't know what he said here! But, I think it had something to do with a frying pan!!!

232323232%7Ffp5399%3B%3Enu%3D3246%3E846%3E947%3EWSNRCG%3D35457%3A3653329nu0mrj

Don't you LOVE Flynn's smile here?????????

This was Meg's FAVORITEST day ever (she told me so!). She started off with a trip to the Bippity Boppity Boutique (obviously!) and then had lunch with the princesses in Cinderella's castle. THEN, she got to meet the NEW princess!!! It was an awesome day!

DD4 LOVES Rapunzel too. We met her right before the movie was released.....back when there was no line to see her LOL. Now you have to wait like an hour or two.

I know that Disney has "officially" added her to their princess line up. I saw her on a backpack at Big Lots with all the other princesses....it's the first time I've seen her with the others! So hopefully she'll be added to princess dining at Disney soon!

Now I had to go back and look at my pics to see which Flynn we saw LOL. I believe it is the first guy posted....not 100% sure though. Their profiles look the same though. I didn't get a good pic of Flynn because my DD's were not interested in him one bit LOL....they were too focused on Rapunzel.